Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Is white thick discharge sign of Mucus Plug???

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I just went to the bathroom and this is the first time I felt constipated since I have been pregnant and when I couldn't use the bathroom it felt like something fell out of me and when I flushed it was a white thick discharge flaoting in the toilet, but it looked really thick and I was wondering is it my mucus plug? I herad it was supposed to be bloody tinged but this was clear/white like a reg. discharge but very thick and snotty looking. Can somebody tell me what's going on first I have been dialating and know this is labor right around the corner.? Due date 11.06.07.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile kirasmom2010
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Is White Thick Discharge Sign of Mucus Plug???
little_213 wrote:
I just went to the bathroom and this is the first time I felt constipated since I have been pregnant and when I couldn't use the bathroom it felt like something fell out of me and when I flushed it was a white thick discharge flaoting in the toilet, but it looked really thick and I was wondering is it my mucus plug? I herad it was supposed to be bloody tinged but this was clear/white like a reg. discharge but very thick and snotty looking. Can somebody tell me what's going on first I have been dialating and know this is labor right around the corner.? Due date 11.06.07.

i'm 33 weeks and i have thick white/clear discharge all the time, almost seems like it never stops lol. idk if you passed part of your mucus plug into the toilet or if your discharge you passed was in fact your mucus plug at all but so long as no contractions are following and your not seeing any blood or very little blood then you should be fine. always call your dr tho if you are worried about anything. i think your body is just preparing for labor and you have nothing to worry about, sounds normal and healthy to me. my best friend had the same happen to her and she was fine. even if it was your plug it could still take weeks before real labor sets in or it could be a few days, every body is diff.
|

replied February 15th, 2009
white sticky blob?
my baby is due this wednesday its now sunday,I felt wet and pull down my pants and there was a blob white sticky stuff I just want to know what it is please can someone let me know?
|

replied December 9th, 2009
I will be 38 weeks tommorrow, Thursday, and i have been having alot of discharge for awhile. My doctor told me that it was my mucas plug being pushed out alittle at a time.
|

replied January 4th, 2010
im 36 weeks pregnant & noticed that i have a white creamy discharge, its been going on for quite sum time & im getting really worried about it, could this harm my baby & should i be worried about it.

what can i do to prevent this from happening?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
i am 38 weeks along and was having thick white discharge for a few weeks and i told my doc about it and he took a look and found that i had a yeast infection and my water was leaking. my water leaking caused me to be damp constantly and therefor hence that is how yeast infections start. i had no other symptoms though. so if your getting damp in the vaginal area i would let your doc know about the discharge cause you may be getting a yeast infection.
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2010
The same thing!!!
I am 35 weeks and been having a white - thick discharge and i do belive it is some of your mucus plug but not all of it!!!
|

replied June 27th, 2012
Leaking a white watery discharge ????
I am 37 weeks pregnant and I been leaking some white discharge but also mixed with like water looks clear .....I can not hold it it just comes out and I been wearing pads for the same reason....has any one experience ths before I need help !!!!!!
|

replied August 24th, 2013
If you're sexually active it might also be your significant other's semen.. I had the same problem and was convinced it was the mucus plug then it happened every couple days, I went away to visit my mom for a week and I didn't have the problem, then I noticed it again after I came back lol
|