Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Havent' gotten period after a month off - cycle messed up?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
hey i was just wondering if this was normal. ive been on BC for about a yr and a half now. last month i finished my pack as usual after i got my period. then i never went back to the doctor and got more so i didnt take it for a month. i started taking BC about a week ago but it was supposed to be the time i get my period usually. now i havent gotten my period at all yet. i asked my mom and she said that it might have messed up my cycle because i didnt take it for a whole month and then i started to take it again when i was supposed to get my period. is this normal for somebody who didnt take it for a month and then starts back up again?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Quick Question..
jamie88 wrote:
hey i was just wondering if this was normal. ive been on BC for about a yr and a half now. last month i finished my pack as usual after i got my period. then i never went back to the doctor and got more so i didnt take it for a month. i started taking BC about a week ago but it was supposed to be the time i get my period usually. now i havent gotten my period at all yet. i asked my mom and she said that it might have messed up my cycle because i didnt take it for a whole month and then i started to take it again when i was supposed to get my period. is this normal for somebody who didnt take it for a month and then starts back up again?

It definitely messed up your cycle; a delayed period after stopping birth control for a while is very common. Now that you're on the pills again, don't expect another period until your placebo week.
|

replied October 29th, 2007
o alright. that makes me feel better. i just wanted to make sure everything was ok. thanks so much.
|