Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Why does my rib jut out? Can pop out collar bone ...

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
So, on my left rib cage, second rib down from the top, the rib is a little ganrled and juts out where it connects to the sternum. Also, my collar bone on the same side of my body is a little misshapen, and I can make it pop out where it meets the front of my neck by bending back my shoulder Wink It's great to freak people out with.

I did fall down the stairs as a baby, but the doctor told my mom and dad I was fine (my mom looked away for one second, and there goes tyna! kathunk a thunk a thunk!)

Note: This does not worry or concern me in any way shape or form. I'm just curious! I've never had a doctor ever say anything about it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Something I've Always Wondered About
Eiri wrote:
I did fall down the stairs as a baby, but the doctor told my mom and dad I was fine (my mom looked away for one second, and there goes tyna! kathunk a thunk a thunk!)

I don't have any idea of what might be the cause of your, umm, "abilities" Very Happy but the "kathunk a thunk" line almost made me pee my pants I was laughing so hard. Laughing
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Have Collarbone, Will Pop Out
Eiri wrote:
So, on my left rib cage, second rib down from the top, the rib is a little ganrled and juts out where it connects to the sternum. Also, my collar bone on the same side of my body is a little misshapen, and I can make it pop out where it meets the front of my neck by bending back my shoulder Wink It's great to freak people out with.

Note: This does not worry or concern me in any way shape or form. I'm just curious! I've never had a doctor ever say anything about it.

You might have dislocated your collarbone on your head-over-heels performance and the joint is now unstable, allowing you to amuse yourself and others. I was bucked off a horse onto a fence when I was about 10 and dislocated my shoulder. Since then, it has a calcium buildup in the joint which sticks up, but I've never been able to pop it out of joint. You are indeed a talented woman! Very Happy

Interestingly, I've had only one doctor in all my visits even comment on the anomaly in my shoulder joint. I guess they don't always see something unless you alert them to it.
|

Especially eHealthy
Yeah, I've always considered asking. I guess they must assume that the patient already knows about certain things, so they just don't mention it.
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Something I've Always Wondered About
AyaMiyaki wrote:
Eiri wrote:

I don't have any idea of what might be the cause of your, umm, "abilities" Very Happy but the "kathunk a thunk" line almost made me pee my pants I was laughing so hard. Laughing

Heheh XD I'm glad you were entertained!
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2007
I have a rib that just out on the left side - and for years, thought it was a growth. turns out (my best guess) is that it's a skeletal re-structuring to accommodate for an injury I had to my right knee when I was 16...my body literally moved b/c of the way I was repeatedly moving. Anything happening on the opposite side of your body?
|

replied October 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Not really. I mean, the bottom floating rib on the opposite side always pops against the rib above with when I do sit ups so I hate them, but I don't think that's due to anything. That's about it. Oh and I had minor scoliosis that didn't need any treatment when I was 12.
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2007
Maybe the scoliosis?
|