Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Strange Symptoms After Eating

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Question I am experiencing very strange and scary symptoms after eating certain food. Once I had it from a chocolate bar, another time after eating a banana, even lemonade. I don't know which doctor to ask about this, no one has ever heard the symptoms that I am getting and is suggesting a psychologist. After eating certain foods, dont know which ones, I get this poisoning kind of effect, as if you drunk a litre of vodka and its all over inside you. This sounds weird but I cant find a way of explaining this better. A few minutes or so after eating, sometimes longer, I get this feeling of alcohol-like taste emerging from within and filling my mouth. Does anyone know about any disease like this? I am assuming its either a disease or disbalance in nutrition. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2007
I have been experiencing a similar reaction after eating, I get a drunk-like feeling after eating most meals consisting of some kind of carbohydrate. I have done some research on this symptom and the only thing that seems to match up is something called Candida albicans (yeast overgrowth) which is an overgrowth of bad bacteria, it can occur in the gut. Candida's waste is "Ethanol" in other words alcohol. Candida or/and Candidasis can come from taking antibiotics for a long while, birth control pills and even eating a diet high in sugar. I would suggest doing a search on the internet to about Candida/Candidasis so that you can get a better understanding of it. I would not doubt that this is probably what's causing your alcohol taste and feeling from eating foods. Also, you can check your tongue for "thrush" if you have candida your tongue will have a white coating on it. Also you can do a self test, when you wake up in the morning, before drinking or eating get a clear glass of water and spit in the water (once only). Watch to see if you see strings from your spit floating to the bottom, if so then you've got a yeast overgrowth. Usually you'll need to take anti-fungals and acidophilous, as well as following a very low carb diet to get your gut back in balance.
|
Did you find this post helpful?