Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Heat In Legs

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I have been having heat sensations in my lower legs. It is not painful, but strange. I noticed it four days ago. The heat started below my knee. Now it has moved down my legs and the heat comes and goes. When I go to feel if they are warm, they are normal. It is painless, but strange.
I wonder if this is caused by being on my feet for 8 hours a day, then walking an hour or so at night. Other people who have the same sensations of heat in the legs, I am wondering if your job requires you to stand on your feet for long hours.
I am 32 and have never had such an odd sensation. It is painless, but strange. I hope I can find some clues about what may be going on. The heat may only last in my legs for 10-15 seconds.
Thank you, Michele
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
hi michele

honestly i have no idea and ive never herd of this before
have you contacted your dr?

it could be due to you being on your feet so much but again i have no clue!
|

replied October 27th, 2007
Experienced User
Hmmmm
I know my lower legs can get sore from jumping rope, but I don't know why it would have warm sensations for no reason. I dunno, I've heard that blood vessels leading to your lower legs can go off-line sometimes. Maybe u shud see a doctor
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you doing the same thing when it happens? Pay attention to what you are doing(like getting out of a chair) or have done earlier when these happen(does it happen only after you work AND walk). Do they happen throughout the day or towards the end?

I'd run it by a doctor too. You can never be too careful.
|

replied November 24th, 2009
I am 58 hr old female who has been suffering from this hot leg ailment for years, effects mainly knee to ankle in both legs, no external heat but hot from inside out, goes on for hours, many drs appts and pills later still havnt found relief? Has anyone?
|

replied October 29th, 2011
I've been having frequent heat that comes out from inside out of my left thigh and sometimes goes below my knee. Could someone tell me what to do?
|

replied October 29th, 2011
I've been having frequent heat that comes out from inside out of my left thigh and sometimes goes below my knee. Could someone tell me what to do?
|

replied November 7th, 2011
Heat sensation in leg
Clara...I have multiple sclerosis and am currently going through another relapse. That is one of my symptoms right now. Heat in my right thigh and knee. Have you been checked for MS?
|

replied December 23rd, 2009
I have just started experiencing a similar heat sensation in my right leg, just above the ankle. It comes and goes. Same thing...no external heat but hot from inside out. It lasts for a few seconds and comes in multiple occurences, like in waves. It is not painful, just strange.
|

replied April 11th, 2010
heat waves in calf/ lower legs
im a 70 yr female and just was told i have clogged arteries and am having the same heat waves in my left leg. p.a.d .is a condition,and this could be a symtum as it has to do with clogged arteries,ask your dr for a arteria doppler. alice
|
Tags: feet
Quick Reply