Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Late Period And Neg Preg Test..!! (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My period was due Oct. 23, and I look a hpt in the evening on the 25 and it was neg. Confused And still no period....i have very very light cramps on and off soemtimes but that isnt even normal for my period, I usually have severe back pain.

Me and my boyfriend are going to wait until next week, and if still no period, then take our other hpt in the morning (cuz i here its better), and if thats neg. then call the doctor. What do you think..??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
it could be too early to test so its a good idea to test again in a week. but if its still negative and still no period then go to the doctors good luck x
|

Experienced User
thanks i hate sitting around and wondering...this part sucks Mad
|

User Profile
Supporter
you may be testing to early, sometimes the hcg takes a while to show up thats what happened to me.
|

Experienced User
how long did it take for yours to show up...i dont wanna get excited just to be let down...!!!
|

Especially eHealthy
i think it mayb
have been too eatly
howevere some people dont get readings from hpts
you could go get a blood test done from the doctor which will give you a correct result

but yes wait a week then test again FIRST THING in the morning
|

Experienced User
ok thanks its nice having other girls to ask...its just me and my boyfriend we live together and he doesnt know much about pregnancy...lol
|

Especially eHealthy
well if you ever need anything then PM me and let me know

im suzy by the way and im 33 weeks 1 day pregnant
|

Experienced User
awww what are you having..??
|

Especially eHealthy
tiamarie819 wrote:
awww what are you having..??

girl Very Happy

her name is kristen taylor
|

Experienced User
little girls are so precious....congradulations!! either way ill be happy i just want to know.
|

well you could have ovulated late.. which will make your period late, or a false negative pregnancy test. If you go and get a blood test from your doctor .. i would ask for quantitative (where they tell you the number of your hormones and not just if positive or negative.... ) Sometimes you could be pregnant still wit hthe blood test and if you are not above a certain hormone level.. it will say negative. I had this happen in the past.

As for the ovulation,.. not everyone ovulates on cd14... and it can very from month to month also.,.
Are you keeping track of your cycles, like temping, OPK's., that sort of thing?
|

Experienced User
No, I am usually on birth control but missed at the end of september, and didnt take any for october. And i know its not from not taking my birth control becuase I have stopped taking it before and my periods were normal. Even since i got my period it has been regular. I cant remeber the exact days my boyfriend and I had sex but it was prolly abour 4-5 times since my period which was on the night of Sept. 25. A baby would not be planned as I am in college right now, but we would both be excited.

We have stable jobs, and I am in nursing school.....we have our own apartment, and would be so happy to welcome a little one into our home.

So im not familiar with tracking my cycles I just know when im going to start..
|

replied October 31st, 2007
hey girl.
im going through the exact same thing right now.
mine was due last friday the 26 and i got a negative hpt too.
so im in the same boat.

how old are you by the way???
|

replied November 1st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
ksan90 wrote:
hey girl.
im going through the exact same thing right now.
mine was due last friday the 26 and i got a negative hpt too.
so im in the same boat.

how old are you by the way???

Im 18 ill be 19 this coming April. My period was due the 24. Have you retested at all..??? What symptoms do you have??
|

replied November 7th, 2007
hi im goin through the exact same thing.I skipped a month and have skipped a month a while ago and had my period on time but this time im 1 or 2 weeks late and my hpt was negative. have you re tested yet.
|

babygurl89 wrote:
hi im goin through the exact same thing.I skipped a month and have skipped a month a while ago and had my period on time but this time im 1 or 2 weeks late and my hpt was negative. have you re tested yet.

No i havent re-tested again yet, I think I am going to friday morning, or one morning over the weekend. I have also stopped my birth control before, and got my period normal. This is the only time I have been late. And im two weeks late today, and there is NOOO sign of af coming.

When was the last time you tested...and which test did you use??
|

Especially eHealthy
remember that you can be irregular anytime even if youve never been late before! it happens expecially in young women because your cycles are not ever set in stone or regular all the time Smile
|

Yea I know people can be irregular, i got my period when I was almost 14 and every month my period was right on time. I didnt get on birth control to regulate my periods, it was becuase I was having sex. Even when I have stopped my birth control before, or messed up a pack I would always start my period right on time still.

I dont know if this would have anything to do with it, but i never had any changes on birth control. Like I didnt gain weight, it didnt change my moods, it didnt change my sex drive. I dont think it my a high hormonal pill...but then again I dont know.
|

replied November 8th, 2007
i tested only this morning and it was neg. I read somewhere that some people dont show on a hpt until 2 or 3 weeks past there missed period. I'll prob test next week. Do you have any other symptoms. My main symptoms are sore boobs, cramps and nausea alot but mayb it just my mind making things up.
|
12 >>