Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Cancer? Lymph nodes swollen & tender in pubic area

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
Im 17 and recently have noticed that the lymph nodes in my pubic area right below the waist line are both swollen and tender to the touch. I looked it up and it could be a few possible things, but i know it is not a hernia. I know that when it is swollen it is trying to fight off some kind of infection. And im hoping it is not cancer because one of the diseases associated with these symptoms is lymphoma, but im not sure. But i did notice that i somehow had a large pimple on my penis and im hoping that it has something to do with the swollen lymph nodes and not cancer. Pls someone help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
The pimple is probably unrelated to the lymph node, which is most likely not cancer. However, you still need to have a real doctor look at it in person.
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2007
Supporter
Good job on doing your research!! It shows that you're a very responsible person.

Growing can cause things to swell. I had swollen lymph nodes in my armpits when I was growing. However, just to be safe, go to the doctor. They can do more thorough tests to rule out anything serious. It's better to be safe than sorry, especially at a young age.
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2007
Experienced User
usually when you're fighting off a serious cold or the flu that would happen
|