Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Taking Too Many Pills? Help

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I started BC on a Thursday, so therefore I start a new pack on thursday.

Well I usually count my pills "thurs, fri, sat, sun, mon" etc down to the day I'm taking the pill because I'm paranoid and want to make sure I've taken them all.

Somehow, I'm on thursday's pill and it's only wednesday Sad

So what do I do? Can I just stop taking it for a few days then start a new pack or what? I'm still on the blue pills, it's Ortho-Tricyclen Lo-28

I don't know where I screwed up and took two. Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2007
My Opinion
My opinion would just to continue taking your pills until the pack is done. Is this the first month you've started taking BC?
If you stop taking them for a few days you'll most likely get your period.
I'm not positive, but that's my opinion!
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Just keep taking them. Taking two pills in one day won't hurt you. When you get to the end of your pack, start a new one. you'll be fine.

Isn't your pack marked with the days of the week? I always wrote it in if it wasn't, saves some trouble.
|