Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Weird Toes Cuts

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
I have small cuts between my toes on my right foot, but not on my left foot. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were paper cuts; obviously, they're not, but I'm still weirded out. Is this athlete's foot? what?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 23rd, 2007
also, I just realized that i posted this under sexual health. Oops! I'll re-post it in the appropriate forum.
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2007
Supporter
Athlete's Foot:
Typical symptoms include scaling and peeling in the toe webs (the area between the toes) generally without any accompanying pain, odor, or itching. The infection may also involve the soles of the feet where athlete's foot may present as redness, blistering, and scaling along the sides and soles of the feet, taking on what is termed a moccasin pattern.

Over time, this condition can lead to a secondary bacterial infection. It’s possible for the fungus to set off a reaction that results in tissue breakdown — soggy skin and eroded areas between the toes. In advanced cases, the toe webs become whitened, softened, and soggy; they may itch severely, and there may be a foul odor. As the condition worsens, painful cracking in the toe webs and some oozing may develop.
|