Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Is A 7-Day Period Normal/ok? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Is it normal/ok that my menstrual cycle last for 7 days???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper UnknownABC
|

replied October 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Totally! Some women have a long period and some women have a short one.
|

Especially eHealthy
yes thats okay! mine lasted between 4-6 days sometimes even 7
|

User Profile
Supporter
I knew a girl who had her period for 2 days, i had mine for 4-5 days before i got pregnant and i also knew a girl who had hers for 8-9 days
|

Experienced User
Well my period was suppose to come on my CD30 which was on Oct.19th.The thing is I started to spot on the 20th & 21st it started to flow today 10-22(Mon).My question is do I count the two days I spotted as part of my cycle or do I count Mon the 22nd as day one of my cycle?Thanks
|

Especially eHealthy
No.
|

Experienced User
So I count Monday as day 1 right?
|

Very Normal
This is very normal especially if you are not on bc pills dont worry about it unless it becomes irregular and no spotting doesnt count atleast in my opinion i too spot before!!
|

Experienced User
I'm trying 2 keep track so I guess the 2 days I spotted I will count as CD1 & CD2 right?
|

Especially eHealthy
We just said no.
|

Especially eHealthy
Ingi wrote:
We just said no.

Very Happy

maybe they need us to spell it?

N-O
|

Experienced User
I have never had this happen before so I was confused by what Ingi said because she only said no to one of my questions that I asked.So please don't be mad I thought I could ask questions here.So thanks anyways.
|

replied October 24th, 2007
Thanks to everyone who replied. You've really helped me out there.
|

replied June 24th, 2009
my peroid last for 5 days only, now all of a sudden its lasting 7 days for the first time. question should i worry?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2009
I would not worry about just 2 days difference. Hormonal/menstural cycles are hugely affected by environmental factors; do you smoke? drink alcohol? have you been dieting or exercising any differently? and age is a factor. I really wouldn't worry unless you were bleeding for significantly less or more than your usual pattern (eg from 5 to 12 days) without any environmental/overall health changes to explain it.
|

replied December 13th, 2009
spotting
I have been spotting ever since my period ended. (It started 12/03 and lasted til 12/0Cool then I have been spotting ever since...it's now 12/13. I had sex w/ my boyfriend and the spotting got worse...I'm worried something is wrong. know what might be the cause please respond.
|

replied December 21st, 2009
They are quite normal thee are women who have longer periods too. and some may have 3 days period too it depends upon the body condition.
|

replied January 15th, 2010
Mine always lasts for a week, and even sometimes I'll have a little spotting for a couple of days after. I've always been like this after my cycle got more regular.
|

replied March 24th, 2010
periods
i am 19 and my periods only last 7days but before i had my misscarage in december they lasted a lot longer? can u help?
|

replied January 30th, 2011
help?
i have been getting my period for 7 to 8 days but then i started getting it for five.... is this normal? my flows not really to different but im just worried about the change... help?
|
12 >>