Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Bleeding from Vagina After Bowel Movement - Cancer ?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
sometimes after a bowel movement i will bleed from my vagina. it happens fairly often and has for quite awhile. could this be a sign of cancer?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
What is the bleeding like?

How long does it last?

Do you have any additional symptoms that could indicate an underlying disease?
|

Hello
the blood is pink, sometimes red. it doesn't last long. but i do spot alot between my periods. always have. but it feels different and i am going to the dr.
|

User Profile
Supporter
That's the best thing to do... go to the doctor.
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you trying to say that you are spotting between your periods, but that bleeding is more intensive after bowel movements?
How old are you?
Since when you are experiencing spotting?
Do you have other strange things due to your menstrual cycle?
Do you have abdominal pain?
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
vaginal spots of blood
More frequent than not after a bowel movement and sometimes after intercourse I am seeing a lttle blood from my vagina . Could this be a sign of cancer ?
|

replied October 4th, 2010
Blood from vagina after pooing
I have the same problem. I went to a gastroenterologist in 2008 and he confirmed my intestines are healthy. I go to the OB once and year, and nobody has told me I have problems. It's already 2010, and the problem has started coming back. For 2 weeks, I cannot poo anymore without the help of a tablet. I tried pooing today without the need of a tablet, just one poo droplet came out then lots of blood drops coming from the vagi-gi. As I have been in a long distance relationship, I also bleed (menstruation arrives) after two days of consecutive sex. I am goin to the doctor tomorrow. I hope, though, that someone would give me an insight as regards this topic. Thanks.
|

replied January 17th, 2013
Vaginal bleeding during Bowel movement & inter course
I had the same problem. The first year, I got the same response from the GYN nurse practioner, who did not do anything about it. The following year, I had my annual appointment with the doctor. She thought she felt fibroids, but none showed up in the ultrasound. I also had a biopsy that came back negative. She switched my birth control pills. Still the vaginal bleeding during BM remained. The third year, she did a hysteroscopy and D&C. I had 2 fibroids embedded in the uterine wall that were the size of a golf ball. Mystery now solved after 3 years of annual gynocological appointments. Please stay persistent with the doctor and perhaps request a ultrasound first (since it is least evasive) and lastly a hysteroscopy to find out what is going on with your uterus as bleeding during BM is Not normal. A hysteroscopy Is an outpatient surgery that takes only a few hours of surgery including recovery time. I arrived at 6am and was out by 10am. Best wishes to you.
|

replied December 6th, 2010
The last couple of days I have been experiencing fresh bleeding from my vagina after a bowel action. I have been suffering with some pain down my left side of my tummy. What could this be a sign of?
|

replied January 20th, 2011
these are signs of cervical cancer caused by HPV. Get a HPV test, eat more fiber, quit smoking and eat fresh fruits and veggies
|

replied May 30th, 2011
wow realy it a sign of civerical canser crap i have no insurance no dr. and the problem just started sometimes there r clots all come from my vagina after a BM between my period i do fider therapy daily the spotting clots never last more than a day or 2 im so glad im not the only one this is happening to but realy dammmm i guress i got to find a gyno would luv more info where do i look i work for a gp did the bowel test and like i said it from vagina
|

replied October 4th, 2011
hysterectomy and bleeding from the vagina with bm's
I just had a hysterectomy, two weeks ago. I'm now experiencing bleeding from the vagina with bowel movements.
|

replied June 19th, 2012
sounds like a lesion of the vagina from hpv have the same thing deventually turns into cervical cancer
|

replied July 12th, 2012
vaginal bleeding after bowel movement
I have the same issue. A few years ago I had a pap come back with HPV. My gyno said it may clear on its own or we may have to do a scone. I waited and 6 months later pap was normal and each one since. I had one 2 Weeks ago come back abnormal and have to go in for a procedure to wait it is exactly....im really scared... I have cervical cancer in my family history. I have pain in the left lower side as well off and on during the day.... Opinions?
|

replied July 28th, 2012
Lower left quadrant pain is usually indicative of diverticulosis or diverticulitis in the descending/sigmoid colon. A lot of people have this pain or problem after eating certain foods such as nuts, salad, corn, and various other foods that do not digest well. If you notice a low grade fever, it is likely diverticulitis which is where food waste has gotten hung up in these little pockets of the colon and gotten infected. This can be serious but is usually easily treated with antibiotics.
|