Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Swollen Throat + Throbbing Vein in Tongue after Eating

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Sometimes after eating (hard to pin down what exactly triggers it) the right side of my throat, above my larynx, swells up pretty suddenly. It's not hugely uncomfortable, just a little tender...another thing that sometime happens, again after eating, is that the vein under the right side of my tongue really stands up, almost throbbing, again a little uncomfortably. The two things don't happen at the same time, but somehow they feel related...same feeling of discomfort. Any medical Poirots out there? I'd be grateful for ideas? Jezza
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Can you relate this with consuming certain foods?

Are you experiencing itch-like feeling in that area?

Do the symptoms become apparent within a minute to an hour after eating?

Do you have difficulty swallowing food?
|

replied October 24th, 2007
Swollen Throat
[quote="MandMs"]Can you relate this with consuming certain foods? not really

Are you experiencing itch-like feeling in that area? no

Do the symptoms become apparent within a minute to an hour after eating? within a minute, I'd say

Do you have difficulty swallowing food? no
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you experiencing gastrointestinal symptoms such as cramps, nausea and vomiting?
Are you prone to skin irritations and hives?
|