Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Chat Forum

Itchy Butt! (Page 1)

Must Read
The loss of bladder control affects about 17 million people in the U.S. But what is incontinence? How does female incontinence occur? ...
Incontinence can be caused by mechanical, anatomic or medical issues. But what are these? And who is at risk of developing bladder problems?...
Urinary incontinence symptoms range from mild to severe. Learn to identify signs of bladder control problems and know when to seek help here....
Someone please explain to me why my butt crack seems to itch all the time. Is it only me that this happens too?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper MikeA
|

replied October 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You could have an infection of some kind, so I'd have a doctor take a look at it... It could also be heat-rash or any other kind of rash. It could be athlete's foot.

For now, dusting some baby powder in there once you're completely dry may help, OR do the opposite and put lotion in there. It all depends on what's causing the itching. You may need to try one for a week and see if it helps, and then try the other.
|

replied February 14th, 2012
I thought I had pinworms or fungus, turned out I was just sweating a lot down their (from labor intensive work). All I had to do was apply a powder to dry the region for several days and it went away pretty quickly.
|

replied January 1st, 2014
Tried everything the only thing that has worked after wiping your butt with toilet paper then rewipe with baby wipes works a treat no more itchy butt
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2007
Experienced User
oooh this is so annoying when this happens... make sure you are doing a great job wiping after using the bathroom. i find that i have the same problem when i get sweaty there or dont keep it dry down there.
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2007
Supporter
when you say your crack, do you mean your actual anus? it could be hemerrhoids (spelling). a lot of people have these and they can often itch!!!
|

replied November 5th, 2007
or you could have pin worms. I know it's gross but they're little worms that crawl around in your buthole and lay eggs. I've had them before and all you need is antibiotics.
|

replied February 11th, 2009
My daughter keeps saying her butt is too dry and has to wipe her butt with a baby wipe or she will put water on tp. when its what she calls dry she cant sit still it bothers her so much, that she cant sit still. dose any one have that problem.the dr has no idea what it is.
|

replied February 18th, 2009
Experienced User
Folks,
Before you get too far into what this could be, I would suggest, from personal experience, that you go to the local pharmacy and get a tube of Hyrdrocortizone cream. Apply this twice a day, morning and before bedtime and after about 5 - 6 days this will go away.

Wendy
|

replied March 1st, 2009
Yes Hydrocortizone 1% cream,it will relieve the itching.
|

replied March 16th, 2009
itchy butt
My butt has been nearly driving me craze, until last week. I took a shower Tuesday AM and made sure I was very clean and kind of pulled at the hairs at the end of the shower. I dried well and had no BM all day and at 4 AM Wednesday I awoke with the very itchy butt. This all seemed to begin after I used baby wipes for several weeks after a surgery 1 ½ or 2 inches from the anis. After three weeks the baby wipes had left that whole area raw, parched. Once the itching began I suspected that I was not clean enough after a BM and at times I suspected pin worms, but last week I was sure it was not a �dirty� problem and started wondering if it was a fungus. (Also, I had noticed when I itched the upper part of my clean butt crack that it had an odor, it had �the bad smell�, not strong, and a sweet smell.) after reading several forums I decided to try some �Desenex� but while in the bathroom I saw the �polysporin� the dermatologist told me to use after he burned some pre-cancer off me. It�s a cream and I applied limberly and within 2 hours I was getting relief and within a day it was all but gone and now after 6 days I no longer have ITCHY BUTT.
WA
|

replied May 7th, 2012
I guess i have the same problem can you name the ointment you used exactly and how many times a day you used it ?
I also have this white scar around my butt and i feel like it itches mostly when its sweaty.

Is it what symptoms you noticed too ?
|

replied November 23rd, 2009
I get an itchy butt on my cheeks every night when I put on my pajamas. I thought I was allergic to a certain fabric or even detergent, but I've switched and no change. It is ONLY at night-either when I change (though I change underwear in the morning after shower) or when I get into bed. Anyone know why and what I should do?
|

replied November 24th, 2009
use rubbing alcohol it burns really badly but it helps- happened to me awhile ago- looked on the internet and someone said to do that on another website and it helped- then u can use benadryl or cortizone to soothe the INCREDIBLE burning i guess- but the alcohol is where it's at, ladies- seconds of pain for ultimate relief- go for it! weird issue though i know, hopefully not pinworms! if it happened after you took a huge dump it may be hemeroids so look into some preparation h..listen to me i sound butt expert here! i cured it so can you!
|

replied April 5th, 2012
what use for anal itching. i have use cream and changed my diet. And it still itching in buttock area and pain there.
|

replied September 28th, 2012
I've dealt with itchy anus for about 5 years and tried everything my doctor recommended--only wearing cotton briefs, applying hydrocortisone (also tried calmoseptine); I eat well and exercise often so my doc didn't advise any change there. I recently got a new doc who told me to use baking soda. I apply a "paste" of baking soda and water directly to my anus and, although it's really uncomfortable for about 5 minutes, it ALWAYS relieves my itching for about 3-4months! I wipe it off after a 2-3 hours. Seriously, I can't thank my new doc enough for telling me about that. hope that helps you!
|

replied December 15th, 2009
I used AnaNOitch and was like a miracle cure!
|

replied January 17th, 2010
Itchy Bum Crack
This could be thrush/candida related, try to cut out all sugery foods for a while, including bread, cakes etc you said you had surgery which could mean the antibiotics/anathesia has killed all your good bacteria. Get a good probiotic and take it after every meal, to build up your resistance. Do you get the itch in both early morning and as soon as you get into bed? These are the times the digestion system starts to work and the candida is at its most responsive. You need to concentrate on your diet/ nutrition and you should start to feel better. good luck
|

replied January 27th, 2010
I agree with oatlands30.I have candidal yeast issues and my bum use to itch all the time.Definately focus on diet. You don't want to be feeding those little critters,so stay off the sugars,some fruits,white carbs,and yeasts.Add lots of probiotics!
|

replied March 23rd, 2010
CRAZY ITCH
I had a similar problem and finally after three months of sleepless nights I applied tea tree oil. Kid you not, the rash, itching, and all the side effects were gone in less than a week. Relief within 2 days. Hope this helps!
|

replied May 21st, 2010
Treatment
There are two types of itch inside and around the anus and on the skin along the butt crack. If your itch is in the anus then it could be your not wiping well enough (this could be for an itchy crack too) - try buying prep-H or Tucks wipes (they have witch hazel which will also help heal the skin). An itchy anus can also be a sign of hemorrhoids - treated by changing your diet (more soluble fiber and roughage - prunes & oats) also bad ones can be treated with sitz baths. If it's not the two causes above you could have pin worms (itches mostly at night) - see a doctor. If your crack (the skin between the cheeks) is itching then it is most likely a skin irritation or a fungus - both can be treated by cleaning the entire crack (again with prep-h wipes or tucks) after a bowel movement, scrubbing it well in the shower and applying a couple of drops of oil or oregano to the area. Most people may find straight oil of oregano burns/tingles too much for comfort so I recommend mixing a few drops in your palm with a natural body oil (like almond oil from the healthfood store). Also be sure it's real oil of oregano (get it from your healthfood store). The only setback to this is that you will smell like oregano so do it at night. Lastly, it couldn't hurt to take the oil of oregano internally (2 drops with juice twice a day), which would also help to clear up the itch, resolve an internal fungus (in case it got into your anus) and vaginal yeast infections.
|

replied May 23rd, 2010
Itchy butt
It could be that you are not wiping properly. I suffered from this as well until I purchased a COCO Bidet.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 16th, 2010
Itchy Anus and Butt Crack
I had great success for my itchy, burning, red, oozing, anus and butt crack after going through four different doctors (2 MD's and 2 Dermatologists) for this problem. I dealt with it for just over a year, because none of the things the first three doctors had me to try was correcting the problem! I thought for sure I would have this problem for the rest of my life, until the fourth doctor I went to figured it out. He said that what I had was chronic perianal dermititis. He told me to stop using wet wipes because the fragrances can be irritating to the skin and can also cause allergic reactions. He also prescribed me Elocon cream (generic name is Mometasone Furoate) which is a Corticosteroid. He had me to apply a small amount of this twice daily for 2 weeks and then once daily for 2 weeks. He also had me to apply Desitin (Zinc Oxide) over the Elocon each time. This seals out moisture, which causes inflamation, and allows the Elocon to work beneath it. If the Desitin is applied before the Elocon, the Elocon will be sealed from the skin and will not work... Elocon first, then Desitin! My rash completly disappeared (unbelievably) by the end of the first 2 weeks. I continued to use the elocon once a day and the Desitin twice a day for the 3rd and 4th week, just as directed by my doctor. I am completly itch, burn, ooze free now. GO SEE A DOCTOR and ask him about trying Elocon and Desitin! It worked wonders for me!
|
Users who thank guitarman517 for this post: char8272 

replied September 30th, 2010
Desitin is the bomb. I've been dealing with pruritus ani (or what my doctor bluntly called "itchy a** hole") on and off for a while now. I use a combination of Desitin, hypoallergenic baby wipes (never EVER put anything scented down there...), dye/perfume free soaps, baby powder, and Tuck's wipes, and it keeps it under control. For some reason, Azo Yeast pills seem to help a little, as well. They're meant to help yeast infections, but they help this, too. Seriously, the best thing is just to baby your bum and give it lots of drying time. A low, cool setting on a blow-dryer helps dry if you're at home and in a hurry. Cut your nails short, too. My boyfriend tells me I'm a nighttime scratcher--you may be irritating without even realizing it!
|
Users who thank gracie1986 for this post: char8272 
Tags: itchy
Quick Reply