Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Why Used Bias Sources?

Why would anyone use a biased source, such as a pro-life website, when there are plenty of non-biased sites available, with the information one seeks?

The only reason a person would use such a site, in my opinion, is because the info they are seeking is WRONG, and the search doesn't turn up any neutral websites, only websites full of LIES.

Really, if you don't want to know the truth, and you just want to read what you already believe, be my guest, read lies all day.

However, if you truly want to be informed, search on neutral sites only.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'd like to see a website that is completely unbiased.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
kaiteo wrote:

me too..

And what really makes one site any better than another.. Except one person likes it and another doesn't.. It goes along with what one person think and offends the beliefs of another.. They all do that..
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If there is a website that supports pro-choice and pro-life, I would really like to come across it someday.
But if you were neither, doesn't it mean you just don't care either way?
If so, why would you make a website about it?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
meblonde01 wrote:
kaiteo wrote:

me too..

Me three. Heck, I believe our food labels are biased... Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yikes, the title of the thread was supposed to be, Why Use Biased Sites. Thanks for not making fun of me, you guys.

There are plenty of medical websites that aren't biased. Real scientific journals are the antithesis of biased. We should all strive to use these as opposed to biased sites.

We all have to ask ourselves, do we really want to know the TRUTH about the REAL WORLD, or do we want to close our eyes, ears, and minds, and shout lalala I can't hear you?

I want to know things.
|

replied October 22nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
The only websites that are biased are pro-life sources. Their foundation is laid in religion and lies (like the pictures of aborted 'six-week-old' fetuses that are actually stillborn infants or very late-term abortions done out of medical necessity). The closed-minded people just think any sources advocating choice are biased because they support their claims with facts and truth - fetus-humping religion zealots prefer fantasy. They use and cite biased sources because there's no factual evidence to back up their claims that first-trimester abortions entail the slaughter of full-term babies.

I will say I've never seen a biased pro-choice site/article/ad/etc.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ditto.

And I wiill gladly look into any pro-lifer's assertion of a pro-choice site that they say is biased.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
A pro-choice website, if it were truly pro choice, might be unbiased simply because the information is aimed at being truthful so the woman has all the necessary information to make a choice. But then you could say that giving the woman a choice is a bias..... Pro life websites probably are more biased, because pro life, by the nature of the argument, restricts the choice. Know what I mean?

But I agree, everything is biased in some way or another.
|

Extremely eHealthy
WHOA, I made a mistake on another thread. I saisd that this medical site, ehealth was an unbiased site, but I was WRONG:

ehealth anti-choice bias?

question: Pregnancy

Question: i have been with my boyfriend for nearly 4 years, i have recently found out that i am pregnant and don not wish to keep it as i dont feel emotionally or financially ready, i would like to terminate the pregnancy however i have had 2 abortions before when i was very young. i am worried that i will not be able to have anabortion because of my past, is there a limit to the amount of terminations 1 person can have?

answer:
There are no limits to the number of abortions that a woman can have. Nevertheless, one abortion can cause serious life-long issues like sterility. Nobody can guarantee you that you won’t develop complications and/or adverse physical consequences from an abortion. There will always be a risk involved, both physically and emotionally.

DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" Questions are answered by Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov and Dr. Slavcho Giorgiev, General Practitioners. Dr. Gjuzelov practices medicine for the general public and is affiliated with the Republic of Macedonian Public Health Institution. Dr. Gjorgiev is a practicing physician for the private health organization "Neuromed", Strumica. For more information about Dr`s. Gjuzelov and Gjorgiev or other ehealthforum.com medical experts, please visit our About Us page. You may also visit our Medical Abortion Forum, for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The material presented in the ehealthforum Discussion Forums and Ask A Doctor is in no way intended to replace professional medical care or attention by a qualified licensed medical professional. ehealthforum and ehealthforum's Ask A Doctor advises all users with health problems and concerns to consult their personal doctors. Furthermore, if you have any questions or concerns about your condition, you must consult your qualified licenseced medical professional before starting any treatment.

The materials in the ehealthforum Discussion Forums and Ask A Doctor cannot and should not be used as a basis for diagnosis or choice of treatment. To the fullest extent possible, ehealthforum and ehealthforum's Ask A Doctor expressly excludes all liability in respect of the information and opinions contained in the Discussion Forums and Ask A Doctor, this Web site, or any sites linked to this Web site.

If this were an unbiased site, it wouldn't have said this:

" one abortion can cause serious life-long issues like sterility. "

And if they felt they had to say this, an unbiased site would have then said that carrying a pregnancy to term and giving birth (WHICH IS THE ONLY OTHER OPTION) carriess MUCH, MUCH more risk to a woman's health than a first term abortion.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
You know, I have to say, I have read a few doctor's answers on here which I don't really agree with, but, who am I to argue with a doctor.....

e health isn't exactly a medical website, since most the information on here is provided by us non-medical people. Just people sharing experiences.
|

Extremely eHealthy
thanks for explaining that, Georgia.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Georgia59 wrote:
You know, I have to say, I have read a few doctor's answers on here which I don't really agree with, but, who am I to argue with a doctor.....

e health isn't exactly a medical website, since most the information on here is provided by us non-medical people. Just people sharing experiences.

Doc's aren't unbiased people, either.
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Nope, and any set of statistics can be interpreted to mean anything by the person writing about it....

For example, I was reading the newspaper the other day. There was a headlining story around here, "11 year olds receiving birth control for free at school!!"

Well, that's shocking!!! But they didn't explain the whole story.... birth control was made available to middle school students in a particular district who were high school aged AND had their parent's consent.....

The headlines never tell the whole story. Statistics get mis-used all the time to support whatever agenda needs to be supported, even by doctors.
|