Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

Blockage?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Hi,
I am 44 years old with intestinal problems for 10+ years. I have a good doctor although they have not yet diagnosed me with much. My symptoms come and go. I guess it is like a flare? My symptoms are while I am sleeping I get horrible wavelike contractions that come and go for long periods of time. I go to the toilet and I am constipated and barely able to pass gas. It almost feels like contractions when you give birth. But nothing will come out. During that time I am in such pain, and very nauseous. I either sweat or get the chills. It feels like I am blocked up. Eventually I will pass gas and then major diarrhea. My mouth gets terribly dry. This diarrhea relieves my pain symptoms. I have had two colonscopies in which they can never get me fully asleep. Each time I have had three polyps biopsied and they all came back fine. At one they said I have diverticulitis and internal hemeroids. Because of my severe symptoms I was given a barium test which did not show much. After that an endoscopy was done and showed extreme stomach erosion. (Quite possibly from my excederin pm.) I have cut back on that now. But I still do not understand what is causing me this pain. Does anyone know what is happening to me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, what are you eating?

Have you created a food journal. Track your food intake for 4-6 weeks --- maybe you need a drastic lifestyle change in order to start feeling better!
|
Did you find this post helpful?