Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

Cold Weather

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
How do you deal with the cold weather? For instance today it is 54(not that cold), I am freezing I can't get warm. Every part of my body hurts, muscles are all tightened up and cramp off and on, joints hurt and it almost feels like my bones hurt, arms real bad. I am on mirapex and cellebrex. Cellebrex is way to expensive even with prescription plan. Is there anything else like it. We're just trying stuff right now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I deal with cold weather in any way i can. i hate winter and just try to get along. i use a lot of hot chocolate personally:)
|

replied March 11th, 2011
I cant regulate well in the cold now
I wish I knew what causes this and what could be done. For years I have said that I cant ride my bike when it is cold because it gives me a mouth and headache. Last week I sat outside while my son practiced soccer, It was around 40 degrees. I got home and could NOT get warm, even with an electric blanket on high. The next day I had a temp of 99.5 and felt like I was real sore with a headache. I thought it was a cold until last night. I was outside for three hours during soccer games and it was around 39 degrees. When I got home I couldnt stay awake, my body shivered (even wrapped up in electric blanket on high), my muscles were tight. I woke up this morning with a terrible headache and more soreness. I believe my body is having trouble regulating itself in cold weather. Does anyone know what could cause this? Oh and even after being wrapped up my body felt cold (very very cold) to other people to the touch. Particularly my backside.
|

replied March 17th, 2011
I feel your pain...just recently I was diagnosed with fibromyalga.
for years the cold would make me ache and have pain. I would drain the hot water tank taking two or three hot showers a day to get rid of the discomfort from the cold.
I too look forward to summer everyyear...of course I live in western NY and winter is very long here.
|

replied April 22nd, 2011
Re: Cold Weather
LissaM wrote:
How do you deal with the cold weather? For instance today it is 54(not that cold), I am freezing I can't get warm. Every part of my body hurts, muscles are all tightened up and cramp off and on, joints hurt and it almost feels like my bones hurt, arms real bad. I am on mirapex and cellebrex. Cellebrex is way to expensive even with prescription plan. Is there anything else like it. We're just trying stuff right now.

Its your meds causing those chills. Try to wean or taper.

Meanwhile, try cutting pieces of fresh ginger in warm not boiled water, and drink it, with a dash of cayenne pepper and tumeric powder. it will help with the ciruculation.
|