Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Stomach Pain When Laying Down

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I get this pain whenever I lay on my stomach and prop myself up with my elbows for a fairly long period of time. Since I very rarely lay like that I tend to forget about it until it happens again.
Well it happened again this morning and worse than before. I was laying in bed on my stomach, propped up on my elbows using my laptop. When I was done and went to move, I felt a severe and kind of sharp pain in my upper abdomen and ribs (a little below my breasts). I tried laying on my back and tried standing and walking but nothing helped. The pain was strong and spead around towards my sides at roughly the same level as the pain in front. The pain would come and go a few times a minute for about a half hour before it finally eased up and then went away. I don't know what this could be and am hoping someone might have some ideas.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 26th, 2007
Anyone?
Does anyone have any ideas?
|

replied October 26th, 2007
Experienced User
Go see your doctor.
|

replied October 27th, 2007
Yes if that were an option I would have done it by now. Unfortunately I do not have health insurance and can't afford to go to the Dr. without it.
|

replied October 27th, 2007
Experienced User
What about a health department then.If it's that painful if it was me I would go to the ER.I don't have health insurance either but if I hurt that bad I would go to the ER.
|