Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Angry Rant

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I need a new soil stack in my house and when the plumber does the soil stack they actually have to go into the walls which means that they will have to tear up the kitchen and the bath. Since I want an updated kitchen and bath anyway, that's not a problem. The problem however is the plumber, he said that he does kitchen and bath remodeling as well so I told him to work up an estimate for what I want done. In addition to the soil stack I want ceramic tile floors laid in the kitchen and bath, new cabinets installed, a new water saver toilet in the bath and a dishwasher added. Not a big deal, right? Haha! The estimate that he worked up was 16K plus I buy all my own materials, fixtures, cabinets, tile, etc. The 16K was for labor only. There are companies here that will remodel both rooms for less than 16K including all materials. Of course we told him no go on the remodel. I told him to just do the soil stack and add a line for the dishwasher. He's still trying to get us to give him 16K for the remodel. We've told him no three times already. Three separate times. He just called again about it. He was supposed to start on the soil stack already and he hasn't even done that yet because he's trying to get us to say yes to the remodel. The only reason I haven't told him off yet is because we go to the same church. But it's about to get really ugly and he's about to talk himself out of doing any job for us because now he's costing me money. November is fast approaching and I don't want to pay another month of rent here. Twisted Evil Sorry about the rant but have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous? My kitchen and bath are tiny, there's not 8k worth of labor in both combined! and to ask for 16K! Yeah, right!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
paying rent?? I thought you just bought a house.. or do you still have a lease at the other place?

And yeah it seems like hes trying to take advantage.. and since he hasnt started the work its like hes waiting to do it til u agree to pay him more.

i'd get somebody else.. thats way unprofessional.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Theres no way I would let him tell me that without telling him how crazy he is. I hope someone isnt that stupid to actually fall for his crazy prices.

I myself would get someone else to do the stack. He maybe mad since you didnt hire him for that. Hes just waiting around for you to say yes.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
BamaMommy wrote:
Theres no way I would let him tell me that without telling him how crazy he is. I hope someone isnt that stupid to actually fall for his crazy prices.

I myself would get someone else to do the stack. He maybe mad since you didnt hire him for that. Hes just waiting around for you to say yes.

That's exactly what my husband just said!

Sandy, we're still living in the rental while we're waiting for the work to be done on the new house.
|

Especially eHealthy
BamaMommy wrote:

thats what i said.

Thats so ridiculous. ITs like hes thinking, *Im not doing work til she agrees to let me do EVERYTHING.*

Dont let it work, K!
|