Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Forum

Lots of Hair Loss In Early to Late 20's...what's Goin' On

Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
hey all-

i wonder if there is a way to figure this out...

i have inherited and predisposted to hair loss from my mothers side and fathers side...that's pretty clear. but i also started noticing very thining hair and loss of it on typical top and slightly residing hair in the front...all of which seemed to start in very early 20's when i started to put on pounds...it was fat...and now at 29 it's a bit worse....so, is there any possible correlation between the body fat and chemicals or hormones that are contributing to additional hairloss that if it wasn't for that fat i would not experience...any ideas, anyone?

personally, i think there is some...because before the fat began to pill on, my hair was in pretty good shape, with plenty of fullness..well, not super full but definately ok...and it wasn't very thin on the sides by the ears where it's barely coming in...

anyone experienced the same, any idea of what goin on here?

funny thing...went to internist who said it was from my mothernal grandfather...i just think it's a partial reason but definately not the only one...thought i was funny...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 12th, 2007
I lost all my hair at the age of 21 and it don't effect me one bit, it happens to lots of men we learn to deal with it
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply