Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Tiny Specks on My Feet = Bug bites w/rash + blisters

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
I went hiking about 1 1/2 months ago in SE Oklahoma. This was during the height of bug season, and when I got home, I noticed that I had tiny specks all over the tops of my feet that looked like paprika. They were actually tiny tiny bugs, and I picked them all off. The next day, I had VIOLENT itching all over the tops of my feet, and developed a rash all over my feet (not the bottoms, just the tops and sides) that was individual blister-welts about 1mm to 2mm in size. There were literally about 100 on each foot. After about a week and a half, the blisters went away, but the itch was still there. The itch is STILL horrible after 1 1/2 MONTHS of this agony, and allthough the appearance is somewhat better, there is still an itchy red rash all over my feet.

What in the world is this? I thought it was chiggers, but chiggers don't last this long. I went on this camping trip with my boyfriend, and while he had the same problem initially, his went away in about 3 weeks, and now, he is fine - not even a bit of scarring. His feet look like nothing ever happened, and mine look like I lost the war. Confused javascript:emoticon('Confused')
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 26th, 2010
Tiny bugs and feet rash.
Hi!

I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you ever find out what it was?

Thanks!
|
Did you find this post helpful?