Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Pain During Urination in Anal Area

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am 45 years old. For several days now I have been having a slight amount of pain during urination. The strange thing is that the pain feels like it is in the anal area. It only occurs during urination. In the last couple of years I have had some intermittent bouts of enlarged prostrate symptoms. I had a psa about a year ago and it was normal. Does anyone have any ideas what may be going on here? I currently have no medical insurance but make too much money to get public assistance but not enough to afford doctor and lab fees etc.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
Was the diagnosis of prostate enlargement made by a doctor? Did you have a physical exam?
What were the symptoms that you are calling symptoms of enlarged prostate?
Did you have a weak stream of urine when stopping and starting of the stream?
Did you find it difficult to start urinating?Did you feel need for more frequent urination and a strong and sudden desire to urinate, especially at night?
Did you have the sense of not emptying the bladder?
Had you notice blood in your urine?
Do you take medications or you are just practicing watchful waiting for your prostate enlargement?
It's very important to rule out other possible causes, such as cancer, before you are treated for prostate enlargement and even if you're being treated for an enlarged prostate gland, you still need to continue regular prostate exams to screen for cancer.
Have you practiced one or more exams in a year to be sure that you are not developing any complications from prostate enlargement?
To avoid worsening of symptoms of prostate enlargement and complications
do not delay to urinate once you experience an urge. Urinate as soon as you feel the urge, and empty the bladder completely.

Except feeling pain during urination do you feel unable to empty your bladder?
Do you have interraped flow of urine?
Do you find difficult to have an erection? Do you have painful ejaculation?
Have you noticed blood in urine or semen?
Painful or burning urination can be one of the symptoms of prostate cancer, but it can be, also, a symptom of other benign conditions.
Do you feel frequent pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or upper thighs?

Waiting for your post!
Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply