Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Sex That Causes Abdominal Pain After a Medical Abortion

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I recently had an abortion about 5 days ago well my bf and I weren't able to keep away for the 2 weeks. Latley we've been having sex but right after I have horrible abdominal pain and my bleeding hasn't stopped even though it has gotten lighter. Is having sex prolonging the bleeding and causing the pain?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yes it is.

Sex causes uterine contractions, that will increase bleeding and cramping.

You can become pregnant again from that sex, so please be careful Smile
|

replied October 17th, 2007
Thanks for all the help
|

replied October 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
This is a question for anyone who has been in this situation, why would you be having sex before the doctor said you should?

Is your boyfriend pressuring you?
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Good point, futureshock. There should be NO reason to be having sex prior to completely healing from a traumatic procedure.
|

Extremely eHealthy
MEDICAL abortion only takes a FEW days to heal from, many doctors advise that you can have sex 3 days after a medical abortion. This is because the cervix is not dilated in the same fashion as a surgical abortion.

Abortion is NOT traumatic for many women, and yes they do want to move on with life, and their sex lives.
|

replied December 4th, 2007
You usually get a sheet to take home after an abortion detailing things you should and shouldnt do... for example you arent meant to have sex for at least a week (maybe even 2?) because of increased risk of infection
|