Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Waking Up to Pee Affecting Sleeping Cycle

im a 23 yr old male that exercises regularly. Recently or at least over a few months I have to wake two times a night to pee and it's usually the same time, whether i have pee or not. Although thats not as extreme as some people, I use to be able to hold my pee all night.

I feel this is affecting my sleeping cycle. I don't drink much water before bed or any soda. Is this a problem worth seeing a doctor for because after all I dont have health insurance right now. Laughing
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have other sleeping problems?
Have you been having disrupted sleep before?
Are you anxious?
Do you feel daytime sleepiness and fatigue?
Do you find hard to fall asleep?
Are you experiencing weak urination?
Are you urinating too much liquid during a day?
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2007
If you have not had problems like this before, you may have a problem with your urinary tract, like a blatter infection, or posibly minor prostate problems that could be causing this. It doesn't sound like a major enough issue that you need to haul off and go straight to the ER or anything like that, so if you are in the process of getting insurance and will be getting it soon than it probably wont hurt you to wait a few more weeks. Also if you think you may have a blatter/urinary tract infection, cramberry juice or mixing water with a teaspoon of vinigar and drinking it helps.. it wont cure it but will releave it to a certain extent.
|

replied December 23rd, 2007
Re: Waking Up to Pee Affecting Sleeping Cycle
wake2p wrote:
im a 23 yr old male that exercises regularly. Recently or at least over a few months I have to wake two times a night to pee and it's usually the same time, whether i have pee or not. Although thats not as extreme as some people, I use to be able to hold my pee all night.

I feel this is affecting my sleeping cycle. I don't drink much water before bed or any soda. Is this a problem worth seeing a doctor for because after all I dont have health insurance right now. Laughing

Any other health problems? diabets? Do you consume a lot sugar? Check it out?
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
This always happens to me after I have a bad dream. Is that normal?
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Having a bad dream, usually, wake the person up, and she/he becomes aware of full bladder that results in need to urinate.
|