Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Feel nothing when I have sex - no pleasure - what's wrong? (Page 1)

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here, but I've been seeking help for quite some time.

I'm 21, healthy female. No chronic sicknesses, illnesses or disorders, never once had a problem with the health of my sexual organs or otherwise. Never had an STD, yeast or bladder infection in my life.

I'm here because when I do have sex, I don't feel anything. Now, I don't mean it's numb. I can feel pressure, and if you were to slip a finger inside and press down, I could feel it. Press down hard enough, I'd feel the pain. I feel pressure, but absolutely no pleasure whatsoever.

This just isn't with another male, either. I can't seem to pleasure myself through penetration either. I've tried countless things and, I just can't feel absolutely anything. I'd be more likely to get off by rubbing my arm than from sex. This being the way it is, whenever I do have sex, I feel kind of, used. I get bored, and just the very idea of sex bores me. It's been a year since my last sexual encounter, and while I have the desire and libido, I just don't have the actual -DESIRE-. Sounds strange, but I can't figure out a way to put it.

Am I defective? Has anyone experienced anything like this? I know it's cliche, but I feel like I'm the only one in the world.

Countless numbers of my friends have told me how wonderful sex is. I feel like I'm missing out!

Now, keep in mind that I can orgasm, just, not through any penetration whatsoever.

Am I doomed to live a pleasure-less sex life?

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bubbles_McGee
|

replied October 17th, 2007
That's Ok
I also had that problem - with penetration and it only changed when i was with my boyfriend that i am with now - I don't know if it is the feelings associated with the sex now or what but i can feel it more now but still sometimes I don't feel him He has to be really hard for me to feel and i kind of have to tilt my hips to feel him. Try some different positions too. I actually feel him the most when he comes in from behind. Not anal but doggy.
|

I Understand
ya... i have no libido either for at least a year now! i havent taken any contraceptives for over a year now and im still without any sexual desire! it really sucks and i dont know what to do about it. what should we do???
|

replied April 16th, 2011
i have the same probleme...
|

Experienced User
Yeah, I posted a thread about this exact same issue.

There is nothign we can do about it. I guess some women's bodies are built to feel pleasure and be highly orgasmic. I tend to think women like us are in the minority. While they say most women cannot orgasm from penetration, they still have the capability of feeling some sort of pleasureable stimlation from sexual intercourse.

I have been experimenting with different vibrators. I recently bought a g spot vibrator, and I think I might have came close to finding my g spot but I am really not sure. I guess it's going to take some practice. I thought g spot vibrators were designed to immediately target the spot so a woman can orgasm...guess not. Like everything else it takes practice
|

Experienced User
I also don't think this particular topic is talked about enough. You are more likely to find articles on women who cannot orgasm..but the ones that extensively focus on a woman who doesn't feel anything at all during intercourse is far and few inbetween--if there are any.
|

I have the same problem sometimes, but recently I found out if my bf gives me a full body massage (to relax me) and takes his time; so when we do make love it does feel great. I've also recently experimented with vibrators and that makes sex even better(while making love). I hope this helps good luck.
|

replied August 18th, 2008
same problem sex i feel nothing fingering nothing it takes while to get started during oral but when i ge to that point its amazing. any advice?
|

replied August 18th, 2008
Experienced User
I can't really feel anythng when my boyfriend is on top...but if I am on top, I can feel everything. Try different positions and see what works best for you. good luck!
|

replied August 28th, 2008
same here
i have the same problem i can't have sex eather when i do i can't fell anything im numb inside i fell a bit of paine when he puts his fingers in me but i can fell his penise in me at all so ya mabe here is something wrong with all of us lol
|

replied April 16th, 2011
i think so Sad may be there are some cures ? i think we need a consultation all ...
|

replied July 30th, 2012
doctors say it's from our head.. i tend to believe it's true. i am healthy but i have some issues. i'm 21 now ans since i was a teenager i had bad acne. now it's getting better but i still have it. i always had this self confidence problem. i'm shy because of that and i think this keeps me from enjoying sex. i can't feel pleasure on my clit but my vagina is numb..i only feel my partner coming in and out. i feel i need to work on my self confidence and learn how to fully love myself. besides this acne problem i am healthy. i believe it is my low self esteem that bans me from enjoying sex.

p.s. sorry for my bad grammar i'm not english/american
|

replied December 7th, 2012
This is the problem I have. I don't have self confidence issues. I didn't start having major insecurities until I realized I couldn't feel anything during sex. This is what created my insecurities. My self esteem is fine. I find myself very beautiful, and I know what parts of me people like and don't' like. I even like my flaws. I'm just insecure about the fact that sex means nothing to me.
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2014
i have a similar issue. no libido and can't feel any vaginal pleasure whatsoever. my boyfriend who i have been dating for almost 3 years doesn't know. i feel like I'll disappoint him if i tell him i've been faking orgasms. when we first dated he had a hard time getting "it" up; i think it was a confidence issue but I'm not really sure but after a few months of being with me he had no trouble so I'm afraid his confidence will plummet.i can feel him moving in me but that's it. i have never been able to feel vaginal pleasure. i lack self confidence, finally got over bad acne 4 years ago, i don't feel good about my body in fact i hate how i look, when i was 5 i was almost raped by my older stepsisters bf, i was emotionally mentally and physically abused when i was younger for 6 years on a daily basis by my control freak of a stepfather, at the same time i was abused i was also bullied at school. I'm almost 21 now and still suffer from PTSD even though the abuse and bullying ended after i moved in with my grandmother and transferred schools when i was close to 12.
|

replied August 29th, 2008
Experienced User
sometimes it can be more mental than physical. What I mean by that is maybe you're feeling too much pressure to feel something, or maybe you're not fully comfortable around that person. It can only feel good if you're completely relaxed. If that's not the case and you do feel comfortable, relaxed and emotionally connected to the person, it could be something else. Remember, everyone is different and everyone feels different things during sex (and other stuff). I know that it took me a WHILE to fully appreciate sex. I have been sexually active since I was 19 (I'm 23 now) and I know it takes a while to get comfortable with it. Good luck1
|

replied July 30th, 2012
Thank you! I totally agree. the first couple of times when my boyfriend and I were just fooling around I didn't get any form of pleasure from it because I was so far in my head and wasn't just feeling it.
I still have this issue when it comes to intercourse. I think you have a very valid point. I am almost stressed because I think it should be good and because I don't want him to feel bad about not getting me to reach climax.
|

replied September 4th, 2008
Chemistry?
I would question the chemistry of the couple. How comfortable you are, and your ability to relax, and throw caution to the wind.

Sexual attraction is based on smells we emit, and we usually are attracted to people who have a different physical make up than ourselves.

I have to say, sex and alcohol are great mates. While this has reply has no medicinal value, the two go hand and hand for best results.
|

replied February 15th, 2009
me too!
i have the same problem, i have been wioth my boyfriend for 5 years, i am 21, and i have never orgamsed or really felt anything during penetrative sex. He gives me amazing orgasms through playing with my clit butg i get nothing out of him being in me, it is starting to put a lot of pressure on our sex life as he is picking up on me not enjoying it and so he isnt really either, im scared this will ruin our sex life 4ever!
|

replied December 1st, 2011
I have the exact problem
|

replied December 1st, 2011
I have the exact problem
|

replied April 20th, 2012
I fake moan so he thinks i enjoy it ive been with my boyfriend for 3 years and it makes me sad bc i feel im lieing to him saying i feel it but i dont only playing with my clit but when im on top or he is i dont feel it but i geuss im wet and he relaxed me one time and it still didnt work we tried differnt positions and toys... Its almost depressing to have sex but i do it for him since he'll be my husband and he enjoys it but r relationship is like a ruteen, same thing over and over even our dates but i love him to death and i dont want sex or love making to seem like a chore then a want what do i do?
|

replied May 29th, 2012
its so scary every thing u just said is exactly what im going through
|

replied July 28th, 2012
I feel the same way. When I was 14 I was told j had ovarian cancer and maybe that's why back then when I played with myself I never felt it until I was about 16. It really sucks bc everytime my boyfriend and I do it I rarely feel anything only when we do doggie. It just makes me think what the yell is wrong with me?? I used to be so sexual activitd and now I don't care bc I'm in the mood as in why try I don't enjoy it anyway Sad . I always wanted to talk to a doctor about it but I felt I was way too young then (I'm 18 now) and I still haven't had the strenth to talk to my doctor about this. I never have orgasimed bc everytime I come close I get too sensitive and have to stop ;/
|

replied July 28th, 2012
I feel the same way. When I was 14 I was told j had ovarian cancer and maybe that's why back then when I played with myself I never felt it until I was about 16. It really sucks bc everytime my boyfriend and I do it I rarely feel anything only when we do doggie. It just makes me think what the yell is wrong with me?? I used to be so sexual activitd and now I don't care bc I'm in the mood as in why try I don't enjoy it anyway Sad . I always wanted to talk to a doctor about it but I felt I was way too young then (I'm 18 now) and I still haven't had the strenth to talk to my doctor about this. I never have orgasimed bc everytime I come close I get too sensitive and have to stop ;/
|

replied July 28th, 2012
|

replied January 9th, 2013
I have the sae issues. I do the same thing. This sucks.
|

replied May 29th, 2012
girl i am in the same boat as you :`(
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
dont feel bad...
i have had the same problem. i have been sexually active since i was 14 and have had many sex partners but still no luck. i recently talked to a doctor and she told me like the young lady up there said that its more mental than physical. you have to be ready and comfortable with it. though i still havent felt any pleasure from sex, i plan on holding out until i feel that i am ready. dont think your alone sweetheart because your not.
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
I have some across this very same problem. I was a virgin when i got married so he is the only man i have to compare with. I get no stimulation from sex at all. I can only O when i do it my self on the out side. He has tried to do it for me but he never rubbers the right spot and having to instruct him every minute makes me angry so of course nothing happends. Also when he is fully erect his penis curves down. Is that normal? We have tried so many different positions and the only one that kinds works is doggy style. But he goes so fast i don't have time to begin to feel good HELP!! What do i do now/
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2009
have u tried clitoral stimulation>? like a little vibrator to put on your clitoris..i to dont climax during sex but i feel him...it is like a pressure as u said ...but i find it i rub myself or put a vibrator or something on myself it tends to help!! good luck sweetie Smile
|

replied March 4th, 2009
I have the same problem. I don't think it's mental - I was raised in a very open family, have absolutely no qualms about my body, and I am comfortable masturbating. I can have orgasms through clitoral stimulation, but they take a while. Sex and fingering for me feels like NOTHING - I mean, a little pressure maybe, but nothing good (or bad) at all. It's just kind of bleh. The only reason I enjoy sex is because I enjoy that the guy is enjoying it, if that makes any sense. I have been sexually active for 6 years and have been with 11 men, some inexperienced and some very experienced, and still have had no results. I don't believe that this is mental - I am a very sexually open person and have had very healthy, open relationships where I feel exactly the same.

This is the first article I've found where other people say they have this same problem, and it makes me feel better to at least know that there are people out there like me.

Hopefully one day a doctor can study a group of women like us and come up with a definitive answer.
|

replied April 16th, 2011
I can feel ANYTHING too my dear so you are not the only one... i am sad because of that
|

replied April 19th, 2011
No feeling during sex
There`s no simple answer. Or is there?
I can only say that it is definately a mental problem and here is how it works on my example.
When I became sexualy active I didn`t feel anything during sex even if the boy was really turning me on, after some time I`ve met a GUY OF MY DREAMS!!! someone who was listening to what I like and telling me everything I wanted to hear (including I LOVE YOU SO MUCH after 2 weeks together)and surprise, surprise I came every time we had sex, and we had it every day, 3-5 times a day.
Then one day all the sudden he tells me he never loved me, just paid me to much attention and walked away(####)
My whole world went to pieces and it got so bad i was finding myself drinking more and more every day(did I say he broke up a day before xmas?), anyway, I was crying every day for about month and was swearing to myself I`ll never let any other MAN to take me as he wants to and I`ll never give ANY MAN pleasure in bed.
So it has happened.
I had few guys in between and....
after that I have met the real love of my life:), very supporting and very loving and all so sweet. Everything from the start was awesome and in bed I started feeling again:) and after that we had about 6 months of constant arguments day and night, and againg I found myself swearing in mind "I`ll never let him to enjoy sex anymore and won`t come no matter what!!!"
And that was my biggest mistake of my life!!!!!!!
We`re still together and we`re married but all though I LOVE HIM SO MUCH, I have no joy in bed and don`t have libido at all.
I`m hoping 1 day something will change...but it`s only a hope, as I have tried many help points from professionalists and still am at the dead end.
But good luck to all of you suffering darlings(and to me too)
|

replied August 25th, 2012
I agree that this is an unpopular, probably under-reported problem.

I suffer from it, too. Waited my whole life to have sex until married, hoping it would be everything the world hails it to be, then... nothing. In fact, it hurt so badly the first few weeks, we'd both just give up. Depressing honeymoon Sad I thought there was something wrong inside. Went to gyno, said nothing was wrong and that since we were both virgins we probably had to work on it. Eventually more lubrication let us actually get to a finish line (for him), but to this day I feel exactly how you describe, like something's in there and rubbing, but that's it. No pleasurable feeling whatsoever, and I get bored and unmotivated.

Sometimes, on rare occasions it feels like the rubbing is like scratching an internal itch, so that feels satisfying, but never a mind-blowing, life-changing orgasm. Ever. I've achieved them myself sans penetration, and I get by on that privately, but sad that I can't experience what the rest of the world seems to with the man I've dedicated my life to.

You're not alone.
|

replied August 25th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Do you orgasm when you masturbate?
|

replied April 30th, 2012
I don't think its mental either. I'm so tired of people acting like somethings wrong with me. Like i asked for this crap. It does nothing for me. It makes my marriage hard. And it makes me feel like no one else could ever love me.
|

replied May 30th, 2012
sweety thats horrible to say of yourself thats not true. every woman here is having the same problem maybe nothings WRONG with us really, idk im trying to find an answer just as much as you are. i cry every night because of this, and he doesnt even realize it. if he knew the truth i think he would leave me
|

replied December 7th, 2012
That's because it's not a mental disability. It isn't some kind of pain from your past coming back to haunt you. Look, I have this exact problem. Nothing during intercourse, penetration, clitoral stimulation, I even get bored with a vibrator. It's not that I can't orgasm, I just do not care about it. Sex is not a big deal to me. The problem is that it's a big deal to him, and to everyone I know. You cannot bring yourself to feel something that can't be felt. And it isn't because you're broken, or sick. It's literally because you live in a world that wants you to care about something you don't, and that is the most stressful thing that could possibly happen.
|

replied March 11th, 2009
Frustrated
I am 19 yrs old and I have been sexually active for a year. I can not feel anything while having sex or getting fingered. I have 2 hear how great sex is from friends and family. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and I love him, am comfortable with him and wanted him to be my first. It was nothing I was pressured into. I don't understand. I am still young and plan on being with only him. I am very frustrated and feel that what I am going through is not fair and I am very shocked to see so many others going through it as well.
|
Users who thank Frustrated22 for this post: llls0809 

replied March 12th, 2009
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!
It's so nice to find a group of people who understand exactly my problem. Though unlike some of you, who can still feel please when playing with the clit, I have no pleasure on any part of me whatsoever. No masturbating, no sex, no stimulation from foreplay or different positions. I have never ever felt anything except like someone else mentioned, the pressure if someone pushes against the wall. I have been to many doctors and some of them even had the audacity to ask if a family member had touched me when I was little. They have said that if I can get wet (which I never even realise that I am) than everything works fine and it's all in my head. Now I am also a very comfortable with my body and the partners I have had, so it definately isn't mental. I feel very cheated and it's hard to explain to partners the situation as many people think I make it up. I now often find sex boring and only enjoy doing it because I enjoy pleasuring my partner. I don't want to be the person who has children one day and never felt the pleasure of making them. But will definately feel the pain of giving birth! I really long to feel pleasure with the man I'm with. The man I want to marry.
|

replied November 17th, 2011
hi i feel the same as u all... m married for a year i lost my virginity to my husband felt lot of pain but then no pleasure..... it really makes me cry to hear such a good pleasure stories from my friends and family of what they have had experienced..... n cannot even share my frustration wit em... i love my husband a lot n he is not able to hav intercourse coz i cant enjoy it i feel some thing very inferior in me... feel like god made me incomplete... too bad to hear der r so many like me... hope der is sum medi avail in future for women like us..
|

replied November 17th, 2011
hi i feel the same as u all... m married for a year i lost my virginity to my husband felt lot of pain but then no pleasure..... it really makes me cry to hear such a good pleasure stories from my friends and family of what they have had experienced..... n cannot even share my frustration wit em... i love my husband a lot n he is not able to hav intercourse coz i cant enjoy it i feel some thing very inferior in me... feel like god made me incomplete... too bad to hear der r so many like me... hope der is sum medi avail in future for women like us..
|

replied March 12th, 2009
Community Volunteer
My question to you is have you ever found that man you want to marry?...That hot hunk of man that you would love to sit on a chair without your panties on and spread for him?...The woman in you that would love to get into the doggy position and tell him to lick you?....I mean the kind of guy that is so good looking and hot that you could eat alive....

I know as a woman, that unless I felt like this, I would not be the sick sexual soul that I am.....
|

replied March 15th, 2009
I thought I was the only one who was going this. I've been sexually active since I was 15 years old and now I'm 28, and I've never felt anything during intercourse, fingering, oral sex, sex toys or anything else I've tried. I feel pressure too but nothing else. I don't even feel anything from clitoral stimulation. All of my sex organs are dead, and it's not a mental issue or not being comfortable around him. I've been in love 3 times and was very happy emotionally and very comfortable around him. My husband is the love of my life and been married over 2 years but I don't have any sexual feelings at all. Maybe I'm broken up for life.
|

replied May 27th, 2011
i am new, i am 22yrs old and i just cant enjoy sex!! i feel like crying weneva my fiancé and me ave sex and he asked did u njoy and i say yes cause i knw he enjoys me. can some doc helps us!!! Sad
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied February 15th, 2012
vaginismus
There is disorder called vaginismus which is a conditon where there is an involuntary contraction or tightness caused by the pelvic floor muslces surrounding the vagina. Symptoms can be burning, stinging senstions or pain during penetration. There are 4 different types of vaginismus. This condition can be caused by different things that include traumatic events, rape, stress, childbirth, surgery and many other things. Not many people have this according to clinical studies. A person with vaginismus does not feel any pleasure during sexual intercourse. Some women with vaginismus can still orgasm through other sexual activities, but may never feel sexually pleasured through sexual penetration. I hope this helps. Feel free to do some more research on this. I think many women that are not sexual pleasured of feel pain through sexual penetration, might have a case of vaginismus.

Sources:
http://www.vaginismus.com/faqs/vaginismus- questions/what-is-vaginismus
|

replied February 18th, 2012
well as for me it is a lil different from you guys. when he goes down on me (oral) i fight twist my leg and squeez his head until i do cum. sometimes my head hurt from fighting so much to get in orgasm, but when we do have intercourse i feel know type of pleasure. i have done everything in my power to stop my husband from knowing that he cant pleasure me in bed, i even fake the noises, because it would crush him to know that i dont feel nothing during sex. sometimes i dont want him to even touch me, i feel i can live without sex for my entire life because to me it has know meaning, but i am only 26 and been married for six years with two kids and 30 year old husband who is still so much into sex. i dont know what to do, i am so frustrated over this......... HELP
|

replied April 26th, 2012
Trouble with orgasms
I felt the same way until I took control of the situation. Yes, a huge part of it IS mental. If you are not fully connected with your partner then most likely you will have trouble feeling an orgasm.

If there is ANY doubt in your mind that HE does not care for you as much as you care for him then it will mess-up your ego (orgasm).

For, 6 years I did not have orgasms. Unless, of course it stimulate myself (but it was not the same to me).

Anyway, what worked for me is getting on top and metally preparing yourself for the orgasm.

I had to tell myself that I was in control of this and he was just a guy that was gonna get his.

Your vaginal muscles will also gain strength in this position. It also helped when I slowly stroked my thighs,stomach, and breasts (basically feel yourself-up) while on top of the male with himlooking up at you.

Another thing that helped me was before placing your vagina onto the penis go ahead and I guess slide up and down on the the penis for outside vaginal stimulation until the lips are fully stimulated.

Finally, insert the penis but clinch your butt muscles. I would try leaning backwards, then sort of in the center then lean toward his belly BUT clinch your hands onto his shoulders or the wall behind for more control.

This should work with very little practice. I promise...lol Good luck and remember to clear your head like guys do. They do not have a conscience and that is why their orgasms come so easy! Before you know it you will be a master at backward cowgirl which is an fantastic position to orgasm in. It lasts MUCH longer!
|

replied April 26th, 2012
I've seen so many of these posts from women who can't feel anything. I know there are clinics where specialists can help. If the problem is physical then a Doctor can probably find it. It might be something that can be treated with therapy too. I tried herbs to help me and they did help some. There are a lot of combinations out there but don't take anything that isn't herbal and natural. And find out what is in it before you buy anything. Also don't ever take more than recommended dose of anything. Herbs take time to work so take them for at least a month. Acupuncture can help some people. There are a lot of things that may help. Just don't give up hope. I didn't and I finally found the right answer. Oh yeah, Your medical insurance probably covers at least some of the things you can do. Good luck
|

replied April 26th, 2012
I've seen so many of these posts from women who can't feel anything. I know there are clinics where specialists can help. If the problem is physical then a Doctor can probably find it. It might be something that can be treated with therapy too. I tried herbs to help me and they did help some. There are a lot of combinations out there but don't take anything that isn't herbal and natural. And find out what is in it before you buy anything. Also don't ever take more than recommended dose of anything. Herbs take time to work so take them for at least a month. Acupuncture can help some people. There are a lot of things that may help. Just don't give up hope. I didn't and I finally found the right answer. Oh yeah, Your medical insurance probably covers at least some of the things you can do. Good luck
|

replied April 26th, 2012
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2014
I am looking to find a helpful doctor but having difficulties. Any suggestions on how to go about finding the right doctor? What do you mean by herbs too? I am curious to find out solutions.
|