Medical Questions > Cancer > Prostate Cancer Forum

BF has weird thick veins in his testicles that hurt- cancer?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
my boyfriend has these really weird thick veins in his testicles. hes had them since he was like 12 but only on one side, they are starting to spread to the other. he is worried that its like prostate cancer or something and that he wont be able to have kids. hes been with other girls and none of them has ever gotten pregnant. he doesnt have any medical insurance and his mom never took him to have a check up when he was younger. today he said that his testicles were hurting. does any one know what this is. i just want to help him in anyway possible. please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
He needs to go to a doctor! I don't think they are harmful at all but they are obviously bothering him, so he needs a doctor to sit him down and explain what they are to him. The sound like varioceles, which are harmless.
|

replied October 16th, 2007
he doesnt have medical insurance im not sure if he can go. do you know somewhere that will check him up for free?
|

replied October 18th, 2007
Experienced User
It does indeed sound like varicoceles, but he should still see a doctor. A single doctor visit does not cost that much.

There's also many cheap insurance programs offered, especially for the young, so he could get onto one of those. Not so much for this visit, as insurance generally doesn't take affect for certain things right away.

Varicoceles are for the most part harmless. Nearly 15% of men have them, but have no symptoms. Others have symptoms of pain on occasion. It can also cause infertility, but can usually be easily reversed by surgical procedures.
|