Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Smoking After Getting My Tonsils Removed? Can I smoke now?

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
im 15 and i just recently got my tonsils removed about two week ago.

i am a heavy smoker and i havent had a cigarette in two weeks.
and i am getting really cranky

would it be ok to have one now as it has been two weeks after it getting done?

and if not what would be the risks?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2007
Smoking causes dramatic increases in cancers of the following organs, to name just a few:

Oral cavity, including lips, tounge and gums
Esophagus (~15% 5 year survival chance)
Stomach
Pancreas (5%> 5 year survival chance)
Large intestine
Lung (5-20% 5 year survival chance)
Penis
Larynx

In addition, smokers have about a twenty-fold increase chance of developing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, an incurable disease of the lung airways associated with significant decreases in exercise tolerance, repeated infections, irreversible fibrosis and right-sided heart failure.
|

replied October 20th, 2008
Hello there........Am sick of my smoking habit as it is really having a toll on my health. I want to quit but am unable to do so...maximum I can quit is for a week but after that it becomes unbearable to stay away. Please help!!! I have browsed the net for solutions and have found sites which sell pills like chantix for quit smoking. Since the pills cost a good amount I want to know if they really work. Should I go for it or not???
|

replied May 20th, 2009
Hi 2lani
I found this for you, it won't magically take away your dessire of smoking. But millions of people have done it and feel awesome now, I'm sure you can do it too. If you have any faith in God, this could give you even more motivation to quit, ask him to help you with this.
Avoid places where you will be expose to other smokers and try to hang out as less as possible with friends that also smoke (at least while you are trying to quit).
|

replied January 14th, 2010
Tonsils
Hi, i'm 15 and i smoke. I was wondering if a surgeon can tell if you smoke whilst getting a tonsilectomy? becuase my parents dont know i dont really want to tell them
|