Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Why are my Feet Hot at Night? (Page 1)

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
I want to know why is It when I go to bed evey nite I get so much heat coming out from my feet it drives me nuts I use a cold flannel to try and cool them down
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper melshay
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
its been a while since you posted but i will reply still.
Do they start to feel hot and also itchy when you go to sleep?
i have a condition , usually caused when i go to sleep wearing socks , that they start burning and itching (like they did about maybe 17 years ago when i was a kid and developed hives for half a year or so). I can wear socks all day long and am fine , but as soon as i lay down to sleep they start acting up.
To treat it i first try to take my socks of a while before i go to bed or else when i go to bed. hydrocortozone anti itch creme helps a lot. or else i rest them on the cold/cool wall for a few minutes to cool them down and it usually works.
I have no idea what causes it though.
|

replied May 3rd, 2013
I have the exact same issue, I could be wearing double socks all day, no issues at all, as soon as I get into be, even if I leave them out of the blanket or sheet, which I always do, give 2-3 mins, these feet will be burning up, there was a time, when it only lasted before i fell a sleep, now some times the feet are still hot even into the morning, no one has ny idea what is about, though my local chemist did ask me, if I was diabetic?
|

replied May 3rd, 2013
I have the exact same issue, I could be wearing double socks all day, no issues at all, as soon as I get into be, even if I leave them out of the blanket or sheet, which I always do, give 2-3 mins, these feet will be burning up, there was a time, when it only lasted before i fell a sleep, now some times the feet are still hot even into the morning, no one has ny idea what is about, though my local chemist did ask me, if I was diabetic? hmm good question?
|

replied March 24th, 2009
Ive been looking online for this. There big discussions about pregnancy and "change of life" hormones and whatnot.
Im a dude.
My feet are hot at night.

My grandmother told me a story about my dad, when he was younf . sleeping with his feet out the window because they were hot (the window fell (that what makes it a story))
Makes me think it might run in the family.

My cure: Stand on the cool basement floor for a while then sleep on the couch with my feet up on the arm.

Id still like to know what may be the cause.
|
Users who thank OhGark for this post: osdifjosidjx0c8 

replied April 13th, 2009
Me too!
I use absorbene Jr. It cools your feet down fast!
|

replied May 26th, 2013
What is absorbene Jr?
|

replied July 5th, 2009
feet are hot early afternoon burning by 7pm glucose 106 for 5 years a1c 5.7 why?
|

replied October 27th, 2009
Hot feet all day and night
My feet are hot and tingling all day, more noticeable when i go to bed. in summer i use a cold flannel and spray my feet with cold water. but it would be good to know why this happens, i have asked the gp, podiatrist, and massager, no one seems to know.
|

replied March 31st, 2012
Why are my feet hot at night?
I'm female and have the same problem. Except that mine also extended to my hands. As for myself, I find it happens more often and more severely when I consume things with lots of salt. Try going salt free for one day and see if it helps. Since my husband was diagnosed with high blood pressure we've had to start cooking with a salt substitute. It rarely happens to me anymore.
|

replied November 12th, 2009
Your feet feels hot because you dont get away from your computer enough

you need to excercise

stop drinking eating sugary food

stop eating salty foods and junk foods

eat vegetables

drink a lot of water

you will live longer and healtier

btw do not take drugs drink alcohol and do not smoke cigarettes.

lastly ALWAYS SMILE REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU FEE OR WHAT ANYONE ELSE IS THINKING.

SMILING IS THE KEY TO HAPPINESS NO MATTER WHAT.

YOU ARE THE MOST IM0PORTANT PERSON IN YOUR LIFE AND YOU MUST LOOK AFTER YOURSELF.

HEALTHY BODY = HEALTHY MIND

HEALTHY MIND = HAPPINESS.
|

replied June 29th, 2012
hot feet
i am vegan and eat nothing but fruits and veggies every day. my feet are still extremely hot all the time so dont push your lack of knowledge off as a cure. get off your pedestal.
|

replied June 29th, 2012
im sorry i was so harsh. u are right about everything u said but eating healthy doesnt cure hot feet. i wish it did.
|

replied July 18th, 2012
I do find that diet seems to have some effect, I eat very healthily and can't quite figure it out. I have found that cooling the backs of my legs at the knee helps a lot. i also think it has to do with sitting in certain positions for a long time.
|

replied February 24th, 2013
I am in the peak of health. I don't drink alcohol. i don't smoke, never have.
I run marathons and exercise every day. I eat very healthily and sit at the computer a little. I drink lots of water and I smile all the time. I am secure, positive and hopeful BUT I get HOT FEET at night and it is really annoying. The cold flannel works the best, but really, why are my feet hot at night? Heard someone said take magnesium? does that work?
|

replied December 28th, 2009
runs in the family!
This too runs in my family! My twin sister AND my father all discovered separately that at night time our feet feel dry. Alcohol brings it out more. My father describes it as hot feet - but the sensation sounds the same. I keep cold lotion by my bed and will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with the urge to lather it on! If you find an answer please keep me posted. Def. sounds genetic!
|

replied March 5th, 2010
Hot feet at night
Hot feet at night is one of the symptoms of diabetic neurothaphy. Suggest that you get checked out for diabetes by your GP.
|
Users who thank Doninleeds for this post: gamma49 

replied May 6th, 2014
That is very true.Its call diabetic neurothaphy also cause by nerves in your feet.I have it only on left foot.I sleep with an ice pack wrap in a sheet and it helps alot.I dont have all day only at night.I even have water blisters I pop them and the pain goes away.But then I get more.The doctor said it was fungus I try all the medication and it doesnt go away.But yes hot feet is diabetic.
|

replied March 30th, 2010
Hyperthyroidism = hot feet?
Hot feet could be a symptom of hyperthyroidism. It's genetic also. I exercise, don't eat junk, eat LOTS of veggies, don't drink soda, or alcohol and I still get hot feet, like they were next to a fire.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2012
I eat healthy too and drink only water.. my feet seem to be fine until i go to bed and to find cold spots in my bed. when i toss and turn too much then feet seem to get hot.. for me its circulation in my legs.so everyone might be different on this..
|

replied June 13th, 2012
I have the same hot soles of my feet, I have lidoderm pain patches it has lidocaine in it 5%. they are rx and expensive but my medicaid and medicare cover most of it. but there mostly for just muscle pain but now I put 1 on the sole of my feet and I can sleep the hotness feeling is gone. These are not like pain patches you can OD on ask you doctor about them Or even look the up. They are made by Endo Pharmaceuticals. You can get help paying for them if you don't have insurance through Bridges to access. Or call Endo. But the hot soles of your feel thave a lot to do with thyroid problems Good luck
|

replied April 12th, 2010
Hot Feet Remedy
Im only 13 and I''ve been dealing with this as long as i can remember. I''ve tried everything, and the only thing that works for me is a cold wet washcloth wrapped around my feet at night. its effective enough to go to sleep.
|

replied April 18th, 2010
hot feet
could this be related to eczema on the feet (the bottoms of my feet are red)? Mine get hot too.
|

replied May 7th, 2011
Ok here's my story. About 1 yr ago I developed a rash for no apparent reason. It started on my upper arm as a little bump & slight itch. Then is got bigger then began to spread to my belly and legs. I had no health insurance so I tried all kinds of topical treatments with no success. Then I noticed a burning/prickly like feeling under one of the rashes under the skin on my belly, then a deep similare pain in my left hip. So I finally went to a free clinic (where I was given a topical to treat fungus (like ringworm original rash was round) - that treatment did not help at all). So, then I went to the Dept of Health where the doctor Rx a corticosteroid for about a week. Doc suspected it was an outbreak of eczema. The rash cleared up within that time & the pain subsided.

However since then I have noticed warm flushes in my left foot. It occurs every now & then -- on average once a month.

I am 50 yo female (no dx for diabetes, otherwise very healthy), so I thought maybe r/t menopause, but since several men & a few younger women have posted here. I'm wondering if r/t arthritis or nerves. Thanks for your post.
|

replied September 28th, 2011
warm flushes going through your left leg, is a sign that your body is detoxifying!, i m pretty sure i have it too, but it it's bit different from hot feet cauze those are more constant and the warm thing is almost unpredictable.
|

replied May 6th, 2010
I think for some people the alcohol has something to do with it. I typically have really really cold feet at night but I just drank a very strong 20oz. sprite and vodka mix and my feet are on fire!!
|

replied July 15th, 2010
check your thyroid.
|

replied July 24th, 2010
It is something similar or maybe mild symptoms of restless foot syndrome. My mother and all four kids have symptoms to some degree.
Before my feet get actually "jerky" when it almost feels like someone is tickling them, they get hot.
|

replied July 5th, 2012
my doctor told me its ralated to restless leg syndrome. She gave me Amitriptyline 10 mg they work really well, when i forgot to take it one night my feet were on fire againe, idontforget any more.
|

replied August 30th, 2010
Why are my feet hot at night?
If you happen to have joint pain, fatigue and other symptoms connected to Fibromyalgia (which I happen to have) this CAN be a symptom.
Could be any number of things from hormone imbalance to diabetes or immune system disorders. Doesn't have to be a big deal but worth looking into.

The bottoms of your feet warm to the touch but feel hot enough to disturb getting to sleep? or sometimes maybe painful and exhibits itself as 'pins and needles'...
Your body is trying to tell you something, even if it's not severe or life threatening there's no need to suffer or put up with it if you can find another way.
Wink hang in there hot foot, you're not alone.
|

replied November 6th, 2010
my right foot keeps getting hot its boiling hot what can the course be and it tingling and it can be very pain full .
|

replied November 23rd, 2010
I have very hot, dry feet at night. I use lotion about 2 times each night, simply because the discomfort from my feet will wake me up to do so- HELP!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied July 25th, 2012
A Remedy I Use For Hot Feet
A remedy, which I have been using for many many years and works all the time. Alot of friends have had the same problem but for the majority it worked and for others it did not. Give it a try and hopefully it will work.
Soak 10 almonds in a cup of cold water over night. In the morning peel the skin off the almonds and eat on an empty stomach. This will neutralize any heat within the body.
Before sleeping, wash feet in cold water. Squeeze 1 lemon into a cup and keep the skin. Rub the inside of the lemon skin on the souls of the feet, this will open pores. With a cotton wool pat the lemon juice on the soul of your feet and do not wash. Leave this over night and wash with cold water in morning. The feet need to remain uncovered, it may feel slightly weird at first.
Try the above for a week and let me know the outcome
I also recommend Cupping where the blood is cleansed by bad blood being removed. Every 3 months to be done, with an unbelievable effect.
Many thanks.
|

replied December 2nd, 2010
I've had 'hot feet' for as long as I can remember. My daughters, now 3 and 6, have always had the same issue. We can't wear blankets at night or at the very least we stick our feet out so they're not covered. None of the 'answers' make sense for me, and especially not them...Any remedy's welcome!
|

replied December 20th, 2010
I have the same problem, Ive had it for years and now my twelve year old daughter is experiencing the same thing, so I am also wondering if it is genetics, I have been diagnosed with RLS, and the medication I take for it does help, Klonopin. I do not take it every night because of how it makes me feel the next Morning and I certainly will not give it to my daughter.any other suggestions welcome.....P.S I have heard putting a Bar of soap underneath your sheet at the foot of the bed helps RLS, but I have not tried this yet.
|

replied August 19th, 2013
My restless leg syndrome was cured by a strict GF diet. I found out I have CD years ago, and wasn't absorbing a lot of the nutrients I was consuming, and was low in certain things, causing the RLS and many other problems that got cured on the diet. After being on the diet, my insides healed and I was able to absorb nutrients again, which cured all my health ailments. I had GI issues, neurological issues, reproductive issues, arthritis. Etc, and everything went away after I started absorbing what I was consuming.
|
Tags: feet
Quick Reply