Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Natural Herbs For Panic Attacks And Anxiety?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hello,I have heard that natural supplements like GABA or St Johns Wort are helpful in controlling Anxiety and Panic Attacks.Does anyone here use these and which one of these works best GABA or St Johns Wort?I have been told that GABA has fewer side affects than St Johns Wort.Any help would be greatly appreciated, Keith.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I've heard of them used for controlling mild to moderate depression, but not for anxiety or panic. You can give it a shot, but I think they're more depression related.

if you're worried about putting chemicals in your body, there is always therapy, too.
|

replied October 31st, 2009
Panic and Anxiety
Gaba is supposedly a natural tranquilizer, but of course it's not anywhere near as strong as a one, but it can help in some mild situations. I myself take supplements that include Gaba, or Gaba just alone...500 mg.

St John's Wort however, I am finding out myself, has no tranquilizing agents in it that I can tell. In fact it's making me a little more anxious and I'm thinking of stopping.

Inositol is supposed to help with depression and anxiety, which I also take, but I'm not sure what to make of it. I'll have to keep taking it longer and see if it helps.

Passion flower also helps with anxiety, but might make you sleepy. I take it in the evening along with l-tryptophan, which works great for sleep.

Hope this helps Smile
|
Quick Reply