Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

GF over-reacting - thinks I'm lying

HI,

My girlfriend and I have known each other for over 5 years, been dating for the past 8 months. We KNOW that we were always meant to be. In her past relationship (two years ago) she was hurt really bad. He lied all the time, cheated and left her. She has a very hard time trusting men.

Since we have been together, I have never once lied to her, always told her the truth.

A month ago, she was out of town and I was cleaning the house when she called to tell me that she was on her way home. I had trash everywhere, and knowing she was coming home, I hid the trash in all places.

Yesterday, I was at work and she was cleaning. While she was cleaning she found a bag of trash that I had stashed in my cleaning frenzy that had some of her personal documents that she had thrown away.

She called and told me that she had found what I was hiding from her, she thought I was sick and that she packed her stuff and was moving out. She told me she never wanted to see me again, and NOT to contact her.

I called and told her that she was overreacting, I meant to throw them away and that I would never lie to her! She said she has been lied to before by men and wasn't buying my crap.

I'VE NEVER GIVEN HER A REASON NOT TO TRUST ME....I'VE NEVER LIED TO HER...so why is she doing this?

I went today and took a Polygraph (she doesn't know I took it yet) and passed and it shows that I didn't nor have I ever lied to her.

What am I to do? How do I get her to talk to me...to trust me....how do I get her back. She is my whole world...PLEASE help!

On another note, her mother is a psychologist and has always been objective in the relationship. My girlfriend means the world to me, so since how she will not talk to me, should I go and talk to her mother and tell her my side of things?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think there must behind this, what was in the bags you hid. Because if it was nothing.. Then there is a different reason she is asting this way..
|

I had my bathroom trash in the bag, her feminine hygiene trash as well as her bathroom trash. When I found out she was coming over, instead of taking everything to the trash outside, I stuffed a few bags in places and totally forgot about them. When she found them, she thought I was sick. Thought I was lying to her. I took a polygraph yesterday and that proved that I was being honest.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I tell you something dimension..if I were you I wouldn't bother to go to a polygraph just to show her you are not lying. If she doesn't trust you forget about her. A good guy like you deserves to be with a woman that trusts you. That's what love is about. Breakup always hurt but trust me that it will be much better than you getting married and going through the pain of a divorce. She needs to have her phsycological issues resolved before she can engage again in a relationship.
|

Experienced User
what's in that bag in the first place or was she just overreacting??? from the looks of it, she was overreacting. well, you can't blame her since she doesn't like people who lie to her, but what did you lie about in the first place? that you were hiding something from her? trash papers and all? I think it has gone out of proportions. if she can't deal with it, then let her be. you don't need to suffer for whatever she has been into before... she has got to be finished with it and face now - YOU!
|
Quick Reply