Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Can Doctor Test If Im Pregnate during UTI exam?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
could the doctor know if im pregnate or not while giving me a urine test to check for urinary tract infection that came out negative and a pelvic exam?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
When was your missed period?
|

Especially eHealthy
depends on your missed period
if youve missed a period or are due then yes they can
|

Especially eHealthy
They do not randomly test for pregnancy, unless you requested they test for pregnancy. And if you haven't missed your period, your doctor would not be able to tell from an exam. Although, I hear your cervix changes colors when you are pregnant.
|

well i havent had a missed period yet. i had this test done friday and they found a minor yest infection which im being treated for now. last night my boyfriend tells me that he came inside me last time we had sex while i was on my period. im worried even though i went to go get checked for a uti.
|

Especially eHealthy
liz28 wrote:
well i havent had a missed period yet. i had this test done friday and they found a minor yest infection which im being treated for now. last night my boyfriend tells me that he came inside me last time we had sex while i was on my period. im worried even though i went to go get checked for a uti.

well you could mention it to them and they can test you just to see what comes up
you should wait til you miss your period though
|

Especially eHealthy
Take a test if you miss your period.

Don't let your boyfriend have that much control over your entire life. Essentially he made an earth shattering decision for you by doing what he did. He has no idea if you could have become pregnant!

Make him wear condoms. Always.
|

thank you.
|
Quick Reply