Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Upper Abdominal Pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I need some advice from people out there of what might possibly be my issue. I have upper right abdominal pain that is like a sharp stabbing pain that comes and goes about every hour. I'm always nauseated and vomit frequently. I also have lower abdominal pain on the right side that mimics the upper abdominal pain. The upper pain radiates to my mid-back and the lower pain radiates to my belly button region. I run fevers and then my body temperature drops real low and then is normal. I feel generally bad all the time and I don't know what's up. I've had blood tests and they were all fine. I've also had an ultrasound of the abdomen and it was okay except I have fatty liver. My gallbladder was removed several years ago. Could this be kidney stones or appendicitis? My gastroentologist didn't do any tests since the ultrasound came back normal. Should I accept this or find another doctor? I think something is wrong, but don't want to make a big deal out of nothing.....any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
If you feel something is wrong, you would not be making a big deal about it if you found another doctor. It sounds like you are in genuine discomfort. If my questions weren't answered, I would see another opinion.

good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?