Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Dry Scaley Shiney Patches?

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
My breasts have scaley patches on them, they look shiney and there about dime sized and all over my breasts. They don't itch or burn or look red, they just look like scaley, shiney dry skin. I can't find ANYTHING on the internet about it... they are seriously all over my breast, when I apply lotion it diminishes the look of them, but they always come right back. What could this be?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
For how long you are experiencing scaly skin?
When did you notice for the first time?
Can you relate this appearance to some certain moment or daily activities( ex.after shower)?
Are you taking some medications?
What's the look of your skin on other parts of your body?
How old are you?
|

replied October 16th, 2007
it started about a year ago.. but there was only a few of them.. it just started getting more this year... im not taking any meds. my skin on other body parts is completly normal and i'm 19 years old.
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have scaly areola and scaly nipple, too?
Do you have scaly, dry skin from time to time or this is a permanent appearance for the last year?
Do the patches of dry skin are slightly wrinkled and appear like cigarette paper?
Whats the color of the patches (pink, brown or yellow)?
Have you noticed that the patches of dry skin are getting much larger at times?
Have you noticed skin thickening on your breasts?
Did you have small red bumps on your breast skin before getting patches of dry skin?
Scaly skin can be due to various conditions.
I don't wanna sound negatively, but a change in the feel or appearance of the skin on the breast or nipple (dimpled, puckered, scaly or inflamed) can be a warning sign for breast cancer.
Please, visit your doctor!
Waiting for your post!
Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied October 17th, 2007
MandMs wrote:
Do you have scaly areola and scaly nipple, too?
Do you have scaly, dry skin from time to time or this is a permanent appearance for the last year?
Do the patches of dry skin are slightly wrinkled and appear like cigarette paper?
Whats the color of the patches (pink, brown or yellow)?
Have you noticed that the patches of dry skin are getting much larger at times?
Have you noticed skin thickening on your breasts?
Did you have small red bumps on your breast skin before getting patches of dry skin?
Scaly skin can be due to various conditions.
I don't wanna sound negatively, but a change in the feel or appearance of the skin on the breast or nipple (dimpled, puckered, scaly or inflamed) can be a warning sign for breast cancer.
Please, visit your doctor!
Waiting for your post!
Best wishes!
Marija

Nothing on my nipples.
No Red Bumps
They wrinkle when i move my breast, but thats it.
The patches are normal colored. Color of my flesh.
The texture of the patches feel mildly rough, but the skin that doesn't have patches is completely normal skin.
It's been a permanent thing.

I'm deffinatly going to make a doctors appt. for it.
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I can't stop thinking of your problem.
It seems very difficult to tell what it is without professional medical attention.
At first I was thinking you may have a fungal infection, but you miss itchiness, redness and and when is due to fungal infection is located only under and between breasts.
I guess it's a skin issue, only.
But, skin lesions and changed appearance of skin are one of the most difficult diagnosis to be made.
I hope you'll get proper help and advice from a dermatologist.
You can, also, ask for a referral to a doctor for examining your breast. Just to ease your mind.
Please, keep us update!
Sharing information about your condition can be very helpful for other people with same problem.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied June 15th, 2010
Curious, I think I have what your talking about
Did you ever find out what the patches were?
|

replied June 27th, 2010
It would be helpful if you could tell what the doctor's diagnostic was because I'm a male, and I have the same issues on my chest, stomach, and rib areas.
|

replied October 10th, 2010
I have a dry patch on my breast that is pink and now I have little red bumps that look to be spreading. Any clues?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2011
Hi Vitagewaste & all.

I was wondering: Are you at all overweight or were, then lost weight rapidly?

I know it might seem like an odd question, but my sister, who has had a few struggles with weight in the past, has stretch marks on her breasts from the fluctuation in her weight.

It seems like a long-shot, but perhaps it could be related?

Also, I do know that certain types of Skin cancer may look like pearly, scaley red or skin-coloured patches, so if they're not lightening with the use of tissue oil, or you're still at a loss as to what the problem may be - why not rather have them checked out?

If nothing else, it's worth it for your peace of mind.
How are you doing now?

Good luck, keep us posted.
Angi
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 19th, 2011
It might be tenia versicolor, caused by a yeast infection on the skin : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_versico lor

I get it occasionally on my breasts, chest and back. The medicated Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo will get rid of it. Just apply it to the affected areas like a lotion before you go to bed, and it should clear up in about a week (make sure the lotion is dry before you let clothing touch it; it may stain).

I hope this helps. Tenia versicolor is very common and aggravated by heat and perspiration...sounds like what you may be experiencing. Take care.
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
I have a brown patch on my nipple that is becoming quiet itchy and large.
|

replied March 21st, 2012
I have the same thing!!
OMGosh I have the same thinig and you are the very first person that is describing the same thing as me. I have not found anything to take it away and it aggravates me so much! Have you found anything?
|

replied July 25th, 2013
I too have the same thing and have since I was about 15 (Im 29 now). I was given steroid creams etc from a dermatologist when I was younger but nothing has helped them to disappear. I have small patches on both my breats. The patches are small, shiny and don't itch or bother me at all; just cosmetically annoying. I would like them gone though....it would be great to know if anyone has been properly diagnosed for this.
I wish I had something more helpful to say...except that we are not alone!
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi needskinhelp and welcome to ehealth: I, too, have this problem...Four weeks ago my Dermatologist biopsied one on my upper leg...It came back negative, but from what I understand all areas of the skin must be watched...Age changes conditions...Each year my husband and I have a complete body check done by her...She did say that Cedaphil will help the texture and especially dry skin...This is without a prescription...Take care...

Caroline....
|