Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Crash Diets

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I have been on crash diets on and off for about 2 years.
Everytime I gain 10 lbs.. I go on a no carb diet, living on eggs, bacon and cheese. I lose about 12 lbs. Then after I loose the weight, I eat even more then I did because I deprived myself so much, and end up gaining all the weight back. It's a vicious cycle. I want to lost about 30 lbs now and then just maintain a healthy lifestyle, but I don't know how to do it without just eliminating carbs. I have such a love/hate relationship with them. Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2007
sounds like you just need to balance out your food. try and eat more fruit and veg, perhaps cut out sat fats and things like chocolate.

hope this helps
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2007
Experienced User
VW...I've noted that by eating only certain kinds of foods, my cravings for those foods return & I binge on them. I think the best way to live is by using portion control, eating healthy snacks and exercising. I have the theory in my head...let's see if I can put it into action now!

BYD
|