Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Any Ideas For Releif?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hi, I am a 36 year old male with Crohn's disease and degenerative disc disease. I am looking for some releif from back pain. Right now I am in the filing stages for disability and am awating approval on medicaid. Seeing a doctor on a constant basis is hard since bills have to come first and income is very limited. The last doctor I saw for my back pain had me on 114 Percocet 7.5 mg a month. Yes, if I haven't had Percocet for a while, it will at least take my mind off of it for a day or to, but after that, it really does nothing, even taking it every 4 hours. Any ideas on how to cope with this, and if I do get my medicaid soon, any ideas to talk to my doctor about? I have been doing research on the morphine pump and from what I have read it really has helped some people out. Thanks for any help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Wish I Could Be Positive
I have a herniated disc with narrowing in L2-3. I have to buy a TENS unit outright because medicaid will not pay for rental. I am on Vicodin ES three times a day for this latest flair-up. On half of a Vicodin seems to help alot, so I am trying to keep it down to that. Only thing is the first couple days back on it wires me and I can't get any sleep. Was up last night almost every hours. Not from pain, but from the medication. I will probably spend most of today in bed. Waiting for a call back from a medical supply company that says they can probably beat the $99.00 price I got somewhere else. So, looks like I will be buying a TENS unit.

Carrie

Up-Date: I found a store that is going to beat that price and sell me a brand new one for just $68.00! Can't beat that one. They are going to hold it for me (which I though was very nice) untill the 25th when my son gets paid.
|
Did you find this post helpful?