Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Instant Loss of Vision After Cocain Use

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
Ok, so most of you might judge me wrong from the title but i am just a regular person like anyone else. I dont do drugs at all but a few years ago i did some experimental drug use with cocaine which is the only one i have ever used. Im a very good person so please dont get me wrong and i am on here to possibly find some help or answers for what i have to deal with everyday.

I snorted cocaine one night and felt a sharp pain in my left eye immediately and lasted a few hours. The next day i noticed my vision was not the same at all. So i scheduled an appointment with an eye doctor. I was checked out and they said everything looked normal if not better than normal. I told them what had happened and they said it should clear out and that there might be some debris still in there. Waited a month and nothing changed. Went back and they said everything looked fine. Next i went to a specialty doctor that delt with vision and brain. Ran test after test and i did good on every single one including peripheral vision, cat scan of my brain, and the test where they hook all the wires up to my head. At this point I was very hopeless and i gave up. So a few years, now, i feel that i would be my own doctor and figure this out myself. Listed bellow are the symptoms i have.

Symptoms:
-I feel like i am always starring of into space when i am actually looking at something
-Blurred vision
-eyes come unfocused and i have to force them to refocus
-worse when i first wake up

-dark(night) is extremely dark
-I cant follow/focus on something that moves quickly
-I cant focus on a specific dot such as the period at the end of this sentence.
-When i read i don't see individual letters i just see words
-My eyes get really irritated as if they are dry throughout the day(never did this before)

Any help or suggestions or anything would be great. I have never heard of this happening before and would like to just know what is wrong with me even if it is not curable.
Thanks in advance!
Joe
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well
It sounds like you have covered all bases and nothing found abnormal. Do you wear glasses. If so maybe that went overlooked. Now, don't be surprised if you start getting nose bleeds. That is one of the first signs of damage to the nosrtils. Just going to have to put up with it. Nothing any one can do for that. My son actually has a hole in between both nostrils due to snorting years ago.
My advice to you would be, calm down. Nothing serious was found and manybe you are just working yourself up for nothing. This happens all the time. You may be experiencing some anxiety too.

Carrie
|

replied November 21st, 2007
Thanks
thank you for the reply, its definitely a noticable change and i have kind of just given up and learn to live with it however I love to ride my motorcycle and sometimes its dangerous. Basically my problem is my eyes just dont focus on what i am looking at not so much blurry vision but like they are out of focus but i can see perfectly. For example the peroid at the end of this sentence. I am looking directly at it but my eyes are focusing on it. Its like the feeling you get when you "stare of into space".
Joe
|

replied January 4th, 2013
Blurred Vision Cocaine
Hi Joe,

ive got the same thing - i didnt experience any pain at the time tough. Did some coke and my eyes havent been the same since. Its been about a week now and the doctors has throughly checked my eyes and found nothing wrong with them.

Did your eyes improve at all??

I hope youre well

Danny
|

replied January 4th, 2013
Nope, no improvement. Also has not gotten any worse and I rarely think about it anymore. You'll be fine. Juet dont mess with that stuff anymore. Life is good.
|