Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Day 19 of Period!!!

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ok so how fed up am i??

I have been having heavy long periods for years now and been put on mefamanic acid that i needed to take from varying days in my cycle that have never worked.

The last 4 months i have had 7 periods so decided to see the doc again.
He prescribed Norethisterone which i have now been taking for 19 days, i was supposed to take these from day 21 of my cycle but started bleeding on day 19 so began taking them on the first day of bleeding.

They have done nothing at all, so had another appointment with the G.P, who upped the amount to 4 tablets daily and added tranamexic acid into the mix.
this slowed the blood flow a little, but today day 19 of bleeding i`m flooding again.

I had blood tests last week that have returned normal meaning i aint staring the menopause early, and also found that i wasnt anaemic, how i will never know!

This is now seriously impacting on my life, with missed days at work, and generally having no energy at all..

Any ideas?? i realy could use some advice as i have not been diagnosed with anything, and today feel like asking for a total hysterectomy just to get shut of the bleeding.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 13th, 2007
Heavy Bleeding, Could This Be a Misscarriage?
Hey. I just turned 18 on the 10th of this month. And about 2 weeks ago I started bleeding I assumed that this was my period, however 4 a week it was soo lite that I only needed a panty liner. Then it started to get heavery. Now I bleeding like a facuet!!! It's extremly heavy and I don't know what to do. It's like super heavy, plus it has big blood clots in it? My period has never been this heavy before, and I don't think I am pregnant. But what could it be? MY mom said it could be my body changing, or a misscariage.? what should I do?
|

replied October 14th, 2007
Go to the doctor!
|

replied October 14th, 2007
Re: Day 19 of Period!!!
Her Indoors wrote:
Ok so how fed up am i??

I have been having heavy long periods for years now and been put on mefamanic acid that i needed to take from varying days in my cycle that have never worked.

The last 4 months i have had 7 periods so decided to see the doc again.
He prescribed Norethisterone which i have now been taking for 19 days, i was supposed to take these from day 21 of my cycle but started bleeding on day 19 so began taking them on the first day of bleeding.

They have done nothing at all, so had another appointment with the G.P, who upped the amount to 4 tablets daily and added tranamexic acid into the mix.
this slowed the blood flow a little, but today day 19 of bleeding i`m flooding again.

I had blood tests last week that have returned normal meaning i aint staring the menopause early, and also found that i wasnt anaemic, how i will never know!

This is now seriously impacting on my life, with missed days at work, and generally having no energy at all..

Any ideas?? i realy could use some advice as i have not been diagnosed with anything, and today feel like asking for a total hysterectomy just to get shut of the bleeding.

ok so i`m now on day 20 with no slowing down of the bleeding, the only change is in the colour of the blood, its slightly lighter and thinner if you get what i mean.

i still have clots though..
back to the docs tomorrow to demand some intervention.. Mad
|

replied April 4th, 2010
I have endametriosis and my doc told me to keep taking me bc to avoid painful, heavy periods. Well I did continue taking them, and i''ve now been bleeding for 17 days. I''m really nervous. I''ve always had abnormal periods but this is just insane. And I feel so week and sick like I''ve lost too much blood. I can''t imagine what''s wrong with me! And I don''t have insurance so I can only go to planned parenthood which doesn''t help too much. Any ideas??
|