Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Complications during Pregnancy Forum

Pre-eclampsia Symptoms And Neurologist???

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I have a bunch of symptoms with no diagnosis and my Dr. keeps testing and sending me to other Dr.s but I don't understand what we're looking for? I'm not even sure that she knows!
I have just a little low iron
I have just a little high bp
I have just a little protein in my urine
I put on 20lbs. in two months (month 4 and 5 with no other weight gain)
I have no obvious swelling or h2o retention
I have temporary peripheral vision loss (maybe a few days, on rt. side)
I have been leaking fluid (been tested, not infection not amniotic)
I am 26 weeks pregnant, fourth pregnancy, only one birth 2 yr. old son.
I am now going for bp/urine checks at my Dr. and I have an MRI and neurologist appt. this week. What are even the possibilites of what's going on here. I thought PE, but very mild except not commonly diagnosed in subsequent pregs? Also, what's with Neurologist? I thought vision issues were normal with PE. I just don't understand and my family is starting to treat me like a hypochondriac because I'm worried that anything and everything could be something, and I just keep finding out nothing...? Good news though, glucose test came back negative (first test I've gotten good results on in three visits).
Any ideas are helpful
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 18th, 2008
preeclampsia symptoms
Here are some other preeclampsia symptoms that can hopefully help you find out if that is truly the case. Good luck with your pregnancy. Pregnancy is different for every woman, but if diagnosed with preeclampsia it can be miserable, even fatal. Experiencing symptoms like high blood pressure, swelling (particularly in the hands and feet), sudden weight gain, headaches, sudden onset of nausea or vomiting after the first trimester, changes in vision, or stomach and/or right shoulder pain, could mean preeclampsia. But it’s often diagnosed too late, with the only “cure” being delivery. Women are often put on bed-rest for the remainder of their pregnancy and may deliver prematurely. However, there is a new test that can prevent complications from preeclampsia and help your pregnancy to full term: the MIST test. This is a non-invasive test given between the 16 and 20 weeks of pregnancy and can determine whether or not you will develop preeclampsia and will then be able to take proper precautions. Give yourself peace of mind and ask your doctor today for the MIST test.
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I'm sorry no one answered your post. I am curious to know how the pregnancy went and what the problem was and how it was resolved.

You are not a hypochondriac. 20lbs in 2 months isn't healthy, so there was definitely something going on there if you were eating a healthy diet.
|