Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

Hit My Arm 4 Weeks Ago

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
I am going to start off and say that about a year and a half ago, I opened my closet and a rather heavy box fell on my left wrist. I had no pain, only a prominant bump where I was hit. I figured since it didnt hurt, I didnt need to go to the doctor. I thought maybe it was just swollen, but it never went away after a year and a half.

Four weeks ago, I ran into a door handle and hit my wrist in that exact same spot and was a little sore for a couple days, and the prominant bump got a little bigger. About a week after that, I started getting a shooting pain in my hand, and whenever I used that hand a lot, I would start to get tingling in my fingers.

I went to my doctor, they did an x-ray and nothing showed up. He put me on an anti-inflammatory to hopefully get rid of what he thought was the soft tissue being swollen. My wrist hasnt gotten any better and I am wondering what could be wrong with it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|