Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Can Bacterial Conjunctivitis Heal Without Antibiotics?

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I think I have bacterial conjunctivitis due to the crusty yellow/white sometimes clear discharge I get every morning I woke up or everytime I close my eyes for awhile. I was wondering if it'll heal by itself over time without the use of antibiotics? All I've been doing is washing them with eye wash twice a day.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Supporter
Re: Can Bacterial Conjunctivitis Heal Without Antibiotics?
todamax15 wrote:
I think I have bacterial conjunctivitis due to the crusty yellow/white sometimes clear discharge I get every morning I woke up or everytime I close my eyes for awhile. I was wondering if it'll heal by itself over time without the use of antibiotics? All I've been doing is washing them with eye wash twice a day.

You need to go to the doctor. Pink eye is contagious and needs to be treated with antibiotics because it is bacterial.

Actually, I think there is OTC treatments for pink eye. It needs to be specifically for pink eye though.

Now that I read back, you said you have been washing your eyes and they are still infected, so back to my original advice... see a doctor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?