Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

What foods or vitamins can raise blood platelet count ? (Page 1)

I am looking for information concerning foods and vitamin supplements which have the ability to raise one's blood platelet count. Dr has replaced iron, but wants patient to produce platelets on her own. Platelet count at present is 23...should be 100.
Thank you for your time and consideration of this problem.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper meglubbe1
|

replied October 22nd, 2007
I came across this yahoo answer about increasing blood count through food variations. It said mentioned some of high iron foods like:

-Iron fortified cereals
-Beans or legumes (especially kidney beans, pinto beans, and chick peas)
-spinach and other dark green leafy vegetables
-Dried fruits
-Molasses
-Strawberries

Do more research
|

replied September 27th, 2009
Blood platelates
I'm in Venezuela where there is an epidemic of Dengue. Folks have been using soup of chicken feet, rich in gelatin and plenty of coconut milk to cure this disease which causes a decrease in blood platelet count. In addition, keeping the body fully hydrated either with water of Pedialite is another key factor. Most people who contract dengue don't even bother seeing a physician, they just head out to the local butcher for chicken feet.
|

replied November 30th, 2009
Blood Platelates
My husband is currently experiencing the same issued. He has liver disease that has progressed to the point now that his blood platelate counts were at 16 and after a transfusion they went up to 19. Now they are at 28. If anyone has any answers I would also be grateful for advice. Thank you
|

replied September 16th, 2011
steroids can increase platlets.
Apple juice with a few drops of lemon can also increase platlets.
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
Good evening,
I have read many successful reviews of people taking Papaya Leaf Extract. According to the reviews, this stuff have brought up the platelet count in many diff. people. I am currently looking to try it myself. All the best Smile
|

replied October 19th, 2012
Platelet
Have you tried Papaya Leaf Extract. Is it increasing the Platelet count? Pl reply
|

replied February 11th, 2012
how to get your platelates up from 22?
hi this post is quite a while do u have any up dates .I have a brother who's Platelates is 22 COULD U SHARE ANY NEW INFO PLEASE thank u.
|

replied December 9th, 2009
What natural foods can eat to keep your platelets up ?
I have just recently found out that I have a rare blood disease called TTP that causes your platelets to drop and I wanted to know if there are any natural foods that you can eat to keep your platelets up. Thank you
|

replied January 29th, 2010
How to raise a Platelet Count
Papaya leaf extract (2 teaspoons on an empty stomach in the morning)...
|

replied April 23rd, 2010
increase stem cells count
my wife proceed stem cells collection 2 times with CD34
but unsucessful, now she need to try 3rd time collection in Jun 2010.what food can increase stem cells count,
|

replied July 21st, 2010
What are the best foods to increase blood platelets?
|

replied August 27th, 2010
Papaya leaves tea to increase platelets count
After reading about treating low platelets with fresh papaya leaf extract â?? I recommended to a friend to try the dried leaf extract in America to raise her platelets. She brewed the dried leaf and made a strong tea and drank a quart a day for a few week. Her platelet counts came up dramatically and she was able to avoid the blood transfusion that her doctors were ordering.
After this success, I repeated this advice to a number of others who were experiencing the same problems. Each time the platelets came up significantly. I am impressed with papaya leaf and am doing other research on it.
|

replied July 31st, 2011
LOW BLOOD PLATLETS
DO YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC BRAND OF DRIED PAPAYA LEAF EXTRACT TO USE, AS I ALSO LIVE IN AMERICA.
I AM ABLE TO FIND PAPAYA LEAF TEA, BUT I AM SURE IT IS NOT NEARLY AS STRONG AS AN EXTRACT.
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!
|

replied September 9th, 2010
how can i find papaya leaf, dovex123?
|

replied September 17th, 2010
To raise low platelet.
Take Giloy tablets 1 tab thrice a day and aloe vera juice (room temperature) also if possible take colostrum capsules 2-3 cap thrice a day before food with one full glass of water.. it helps a lot.
|

replied February 10th, 2013
Giloy tablets or Juice does not work, Personal experience, used it for 6 months
|

replied September 17th, 2010
To raise low platelet.
Take Giloy tablets 1 also called (tinispora in english, search google) tab thrice a day and aloe vera juice (room temperature) also if possible take colostrum capsules 2-3 cap thrice a day before food with one full glass of water.. it helps a lot.
|

replied September 21st, 2010
dengue fever
my dad is suffering with dengue fever.please can u tell me the recovery and lower the platelet count how can improve the platelet count which food is recomenable for cure.
|

replied October 7th, 2010
viralfever
coconut water is useful to increase platelets in viral fever
|

replied October 20th, 2010
Increase Platelet Count
I read that papaya leaves are helpful to increase the platelet count. The papaya leaves are unavailable here. Is papaya fruit is also helpful to increase platlet count
|

replied October 27th, 2010
a platelet is a cell. A food will not produce a platelet. There may however, be foods that can help with an underlying condition that is causing a low platelet count.
|

replied October 27th, 2010
a platelet is a cell. A food will not produce a platelet. There may however, be foods that can help with an underlying condition that is causing a low platelet count. Once that illness or condition has improved the platelet count may come up along with it
|

replied November 10th, 2010
Increase the Platelet Count
I Found that papaya leaves are helpful to increase the platelet count.It,s Already Proved That Papaya Leaves are Helpful To Increase The Platelet Count

For Fast Result Please Use Juice Of Papaya Leaves...
Helping food For Platelet is Lemon, range, Grape Fruit & Limes.
During this period avoid fatty foods and alcohol also
|

replied November 10th, 2010
Increase the Platelet Count
I Found that papaya leaves are helpful to increase the platelet count.It,s Already Proved That Papaya Leaves are Helpful To Increase The Platelet Count

For Fast Result Please Use Juice Of Papaya Leaves...
Helping food For Platelet is Lemon, range, Grape Fruit & Limes.
During this period avoid fatty foods and alcohol also
|

replied November 11th, 2010
The best sources of dietary iron are meat, fish, and poultry (the darker the meat the higher the iron). Fortified grains and cereal products are also good sources.
A high quality supplement can help you to better absorb the iron from these kind of foods. Smile
|
12 >>
Tags: ability
Quick Reply