Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Lump In Labia Majora (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have had a lump in my labia mojora under the skin and under the tissue. The lump is practically the size of the labia on one side. You can not see the lump, except that you can tell that the right labia is larger than the left labia. When you feel the lump, it feels as though it moves. I don't know if it is simply a cyst or something else. I have had it for probably more than a year and I completely forgot to tell my gyn during the last visit. And now I do not have insurance so I can not afford to have it checked out. I was wondering if anybody else has found a lump like this of this size.
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lopal79
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I know you said you can't afford to have it checked out, but you really need to. Maybe find a low income clinic around you, a pp or something? Most of them offer regular gynecological check ups for a reduced price.
|

replied February 4th, 2013
I have also found a lump. The size of a pea but more over shape and very hard and very tender on thelabia majora.
And can see a darkish line over it
|

Should I be worried
|

I have also found a lump. The size of a pea but more over shape and very hard and very tender on thelabia majora.
And can see a darkish line over it
|

replied June 8th, 2008
It could be an allergy to latex, my wife had something like that, switched off spermacide and it went away
|

replied June 18th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
hey I have the exact same thing. I get it checked every year during my pap. I have to point it out because they can't tell. I have had it for over 6 years. They said it is just a small cyst.

I can feel it inside, and it is about the size of a marble, and it is squishy feeling, and moves about. Nothing really to worry about. If you have had it over a year, and it hasn't increased in size, i wouldn't worry about it right now. Just make sure you remember the next time you go to a gyne.
|

replied October 22nd, 2008
Does it have a head on it?
It sounds like it might be too huge to be one, but could it be a sebaceous cyst? I have gotten pretty large ones, but none that big.

Sebaceous cysts feel like marbles under the skin, but it is a pocket of sebum usually made by irritation, like friction or an infected hair follicule. It is basically a huge pimple, and they can move around (as in, they are moveable, but don't migrate Very Happy).

If it does have a head, the only way you can get rid of them is popping it until you reach blood, keeping it clean, and using an acne cleanser or cream to make it go down. They usually reappear as they do spread. Sometimes you have to have the sac removed surgically. They are not contagious, and it is a normal thing to have sebaceous cysts.

Also, if your gyn didn't say anything about it at your last exam, I would think you are ok. They are supposed to check things out pretty well down there. If he or she was concerned about it I am sure you would have had a discussion.

I wish you the best!
|

replied August 20th, 2012
If you live near a university with a medical school, check to see if they have a clinic where they yeah the medical students.
They will most likely be able to help you.
|

replied October 22nd, 2008
I forgot to ask...
Does it hurt when you touch it?

Sebaceous cysts generally hurt to the touch, as they are a huge pimple. The larger they are the more they hurt, generally.

If it doesn't hurt, then I would guess it is a benign cyst or something.
|

replied August 3rd, 2011
I have had one for abt 2 years now and it is a little bit bigger than a bird egg . I have noticed that sometimes it seems to go away but always comes back and is very sore to the touch , wearing jeans is very uncomfortable . My GYN wanted me to go have it removed but I am scared to let anyone cut on me not knowing what is is for sure . Really confused about what to do .
|

replied October 25th, 2008
I have a white spot on each labia minora. Just before my last pap exam, I noticed that my left side was larger and that it felt like there was something in there. It felt like a small pebble. Accordingly, I mentioned it to my Ob-Gyn. He was not concerned about it. It did not hurt. I think he called it some type of cyst, equating it to a pimple. I think he said he could be lanced, but wasn't worth it.

Yesterday, I noticed some discomfort. I noticed that the left labia minora is quite swollen, like a huge pimple. It is pretty sore to touch. Will it get better without treatment? I would rather not lance it. Should I try pimple cream or anything else?

Thanks for any advice. (it is uncomfortable to sit and walk.)
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2008
Experienced User
i think this is called a bartholonian cyst (or something like that). what might help with this condition is a few 20 minute warm baths a day. that will probably allow the cyst to "bust" and let go of it's "stuff" so it can heal...
hope you feel better ladies.
jasmine
|

replied October 26th, 2008
Thanks. After I posted this, I saw that an application of a warm cloth for 20 minutes was recommended. I decided that a warm bath would be easier, so that is what I tried. One down.
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
OMG! that jus happened to me not even 2 days ago. and i still have it! it is deffinetely spermicides! i used a spermacide condom wit my boyfriend jus before i felt the pain of the lump forming! i really think it is spermicide! the next morning it got balot better and its still gettin better! it could be also latex!
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
All of you need to see your GYN for these problems. Opening any kind of cyst on your own can be dangerous and lead to serious bacterial and or staph infections.

If your GYN is not concerned with the problem then you have nothing to worry about unless it becomes larger, painful or there is discharge from the area.

If you haven't been to a GYN to have it checked out, then get to one as soon as you can.

If you have no insurance, there are women's clinics that you can go to that will be very low cost for medical care. Planned Parenthood runs all kinds of clinics with all kinds of women's health care available, including routine GYN care.

Fran
|

replied July 10th, 2009
I found a pea sized lumb on my labia majora this morning at 4am. at about 7am it was marble sized. I have been fighting with insurance companies and ob/gyns for months now. I don't have a regular gyn to go see. I have a primary doctor that has actually figured out I may have breast cancer. so do I tell him of this too?? could it all be related?

Nicole
|

replied November 1st, 2011
I've had three of these over the past five years and yes they are very painful and sore to the touch. If this sounds like what you have I wouldn't worry because my doctor actually squeezed it for me which hurt so much I nearly came off the table but she said it was nothing to worry about but would probably come back. So no I don't think it has anything to do with cancer but of course if it makes you feel better mention it and it can't hurt to be safe.
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2009
Experienced User
90% chance that if it grew that much that quickly, it's a fluid filled cyst. if it grew that much in that short of a period of time, it has probably "released" by now (like a pimple).

please let us know.
hope you feel better!
jasmine
|

replied August 23rd, 2009
Please please please...do not try to lance any cyst or pimple like bump anywhere on your genital area. It has to be examined and treated by a doctor! If you
don't have a doctor or insurance coverage, go the the hospital emergency room outpatient clinic in your area. They will treat you. When you get the bill make payment arrangements if you have to. Also, if you need to get a prescription filled, ask for generic and see if it is one of WalMart's $4.00 flat rate prescriptions. CAUTION: If you try to lance this yourself, it can cause any underlying infection to spread. Temporary fixes: Wear loose fitting clothing. Ladies, try men's cotton boxers for loose fitting undergarments. And always wear cotton undergarments. Omit using perfumed detergents, bath and shower products. Now is the time to GO NATURAL
Bless all of you and do take care of yourselves. I am a concerned grandmother and I care about you.
|

replied November 18th, 2009
Bumps zit like on vagina
HELP!! I found this zit like bump on my labia majora underneath my pubic hair. I thought it was a pimple so didn't bother with it. I have just shaved my entire vagina (including the anus area- somthing I hadn't done before) and thought it was a razor rash. Then I noticed another one on the inside of my butt cheek, between my butt & vagina. I tried popping it but nothing came out (although it looks like sumthing is in there). It's not painful, but it's spreading. Now I have about 7 or 8, all either underneath the pubic hair or between the butt & vagina area. I've got a Dr app soon, but I hope someone can put me at easy... I googled my symptoms but everyone either says their painful or have gone away. Can someone please help? Could you get fungus on your vagina from athletes foot & have it turn into a wart-like zit-like bump?
|

replied April 17th, 2011
are you sexually active? it sounds like it could possibly be herpes, or it is possible that it is just a rash, either from shaving, i used to get zit like bumps if i shaved against the grain. but i would definitely get it checked ESPECIALLY if you have been sexually active.
|

replied July 25th, 2011
This sounds like ingrown hairs..the "thing" your seeing in there is most likely a hair...sterilize a pair of tweezers and pull the hair out straight.
|

replied December 23rd, 2009
I have just noticed a pea-sized lump in my labia minora. It's sore, definitely under the skin, with no head and does not look like a pimple. Since I shave my pubic hair, I thought it may have been a little cut, but not long ago I realized this lump where it hurts. Not sure what to do, and I can't talk to my mom about it until tomorrow. Pretty scary!
|

replied January 1st, 2010
H E L P .!
I have a lump on labia majoraa too and it used 2 be a really small lump for years and recently it got really big and its under the skin and the tip is red like it popped and was bleeding or something but it doesnt hurt , its just really uncomfortable when it rubs againast my leg , what advice can i get ?
|

replied January 17th, 2010
Lump on Labia
I just did a google search for lump on labia because that is why i went to the emergency room two days ago. I was sitting at my computer and felt discomfort went to bathroom and bam! weird lump! i had the lump looked at by the doctor who was on emergengy friday nite. the lump is the size of a small olive and it appeared suddenly with no reason(my boyfriend is away at school so it was not condom related). Anyway, the lump feels like it is attached to a vein or a nerve below the skin's surface. It is sore to the touch and I have a few small cuts like slits around the area but no apparent 'head' to it. i definately agree with the others who say do not try to pop it on your own it is a very risky thing. the doctor told me it is a cyst and should go down in a few days. he said sometimes they remover them surgically. he said no sex until it goes down. if i hold the lump in my fingers and hold a mirror(embarassing but whatever!) the skin looks like a purpley color so i thought it might be a blook clot and freaked out! doc said no it is not clot. my advice is just go in and have it looked at, you're worth it. two days since first appeared and still waiting for it to go down....take care ladies!
|

replied February 2nd, 2010
sudden lump inside labia majora
Hi, i'm pretty scared right now because two days ago i noticed nothing wrong at all- no pain, no discomfort, nothing. Went asleep and when i woke up two hours later I immediatley felt discomfort and checked it out. I really got a fright because there was a hard grape sized lump inside my right labia majora. It's painful to the touch or if i sit down hard or something. I wont be able to make a doctors appointment till tomorrow and even then i might not be able to get one till early next week. I'm really worried, cos it came up so suddenly and what if it gets worse?
|

replied February 2nd, 2010
Hi there,

I posted on January 17th about an olive sized lump suddenly appearing on my right labia, majora. It took about three days and finally a large dark 'head' formed on the bump and i applied a little bit of pressure and quite a bit of blood was released. So, after this there was still a bump but the pressure went down so it wasn't as painful. After the cyst broke open I applied an antibiotic cream (polysporin) to the area and within a week it was gone. Now, Tuesday, February 2, 2010 It is gone and I don't have any pain. Hope you feel better soon! Take care.
|
Tags: lump, vaginal, skin
Quick Reply