Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Cutting Her First Tooth...help!

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
on her top left side.. I swear my kid does NOTHING normal lol. Everything is reversed, from the way she rolls to her teeth growing in..
im giving her baby tylenol and I heard baby oralgel is good but shes too little to grip a teething ring (shes 3 months now)
so any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2007
Supporter
Ahhh!!! Teething can be a nightmare for both parents and baby.

I will offer what I did with my daughter.

I used the baby orajel. There is a nighttime relief formula, but I'm not sure that it is any different than the regular kind. She doesn't like the taste of it and it could be a pain to get it in her mouth, but the soothing that comes from it is a lot better than the yucky-taste face.

ALso, there are these things on the market called teething tablets. They are homeopathic, so no drugs involved. You just put 2-3 tabs under the baby's tongues and they dissolve. They worked great for us.

Other home remedies that worked for us:
Holding a frozen waffle in her mouth-sounds funny but since it's edible, it works great. She just chewed them. The cold can be soothing as well.

You can always hold the teething rings in her mouth and let her chomp for a while. Refrigerate them, that's even better.

Dunno other than that. Try the teething tablets. I swear by them.
|

User Profile
Supporter
have you tried a cold damp cloth?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Those teething rings never worked for us. We just let Kaylee chew on a frozen washcloth (Wet it & put it in a zip lock bag in the freezer) & Infants Motrin works wonders but I'm pretty sure you can't use that until 6 months..
|

Especially eHealthy
a tooth at 3 months?!? JEEEZ.

Caty didnt get her first til 9 months.

We just used orajel. She wasnt a chewer so that wasnt an option.
|

replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks guys..right now ive just been doing tylenol and we were sleeping through the night there for a little while and now shes back to waking up every 4-5 hours (i think its when the meds run out)
i hate giving her medicine all the time so i will try the washcloth thing today and all your other suggestions. thanks again
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hello Vanessa. I think we are going through similar things right with our lil' ones. Brian hardly ever cried until the past two days. He seems so miserable.
|

replied October 13th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
OH boy, you too? Hopefully it won't last long. I hope you are all doing well otherwise.
|