Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Is It Possible to Conceive Naturally After Failed Iui?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
My husband and I just found out that our first IUI did not work. It was quite depressing, but I quickly got myself together and became hopeful to try again. But, I just got back from seeing the doctor and was disappointed to find out that my follicles have not recovered and we'll have to wait yet ANOTHER month before trying IUI again. Sad

The doctor said that we can try naturally this month, but it's not very likely that we will conceive. He said very few woman can conceive naturally after doing IUI with injections.

I'm writing in hopes to hear from women who beat the odds and conceived naturally after a cycle of IUI with injections.

Looking for hope...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper weepingu
|

replied November 11th, 2007
Hi Little Angel,

My husband and I have been trying to have a family since 2000. In 2004, my husband and I went through a year of injections and IUI with no success. My husband and I argued over injections, timed sex, everything. It just became stressful and disappointing to continue so we decided to stop. We decided to focus on each other and I returned to school to get my degree. 3 semesters from graduation, I got pregnant naturally and am due May 2008. It has taken us 7 years to get to this point, almost 3 years after IUI but I believe that the time was not right for us back then. I hope this gives you hope. I know and understand exactly what you are going through. I will keep you in my thoughts.
|

replied April 6th, 2009
failed ivf
Hi Tasha
that is a very inspiring message. My husband and I have been trying for over 3 years and I have had one failed ivf treatment. It has been a very stressful few years and we have decided no more treatment for now or it was going to split us up - with so much stress and focus on getting pregnant - I had no life anymore. Anyway I am about to go back to school and maybe the same thing will happen to me. either way, I think I just need to get on with living life.. though that is easier said than done esp when friends seem to be dropping babies every year.
|

replied August 20th, 2009
hi there just a quick Q i was goin through i.v.f and it faild but my 1st period is 10 days late i dont no what to do ???? as i am going on holidy on tus ???
|
Quick Reply