Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Why Does Sex Hurt?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
when my boyfriend and i have sex sometimes it would hurt, but recently like the past 2 times it hurts in a different way.. im not sure what the cause is but i have to tell him to stop, it feels like he's going to deep when he's not. a friend told me a while ago that when she was in early pregnancy it would hurt when she had sex. could pregnancy be the only cause, or is there more?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Your cervix is located right inside your vagina. It moves at different times of the month and during pregnancy. This is what you are feeling. Different positions will help with this kind of pain.

This happens to nearly all women at some time or another. Change positions, don't go in so deep, etc.
|

Extremely eHealthy
There could be a number of reasons that penatration would hurt. You need to make an appointment to be seen by your GYN. It may even be nothing, but still should be checked out.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
There are so many other reasons why it could hurt other than early pregnancy. I've been with my boyfriend for two years and there's still times he goes to deep and I have to push him away. You may not be lubricated enough, that can hurt. I'm pregnant right now and it does hurt alittle more than normal but It's probably me just being paranoid. I can't tell you exactly why it hurts but try diffrent postions and maybe lube. Hopefully you figure out what the problem is.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
If you can't figure it out, go see the doc. Painful sex is a symptom of various more serious conditions.

Personally, around my period, I can't have sex in certain positions because it really hurts. I've read that right before your period your cervix is more sensitive, maybe this is it?
|
Quick Reply