Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Left Side Headaches

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have been having a straight headache for about 11 days now. I get pain in the back of my neck and my neck feels weak like my head wants to just fall down. Ive experienced light headedness and weakness through out the whole body. Now the pain is mainly on the left side of my head. My temple region, above my ear and closer to the back of my head. It feels like my temple and head have a lot of pressure. If I apply pressure on my temple with my hand or fingers it gets a vibe or a tense type feeling or a very slight feeling of pain I guess. About a week after this all started, I experienced a sore throat and some stuffy and runny nose problems. I went to the doctor the next day and he gave me antibiotics and Claritan D to take. The nose and the throat problems pretty much went away but the headaches are still here. He told me the 2 medicines should help with my head but they didn't. Could there be a more serious issue? I was hit in the head in that region 3 or 4 years ago with a golf ball and I havenever gotten it checked out. I told my doctor I wanted a CT Scan done so this morning I got that. No Contrast test. I am still awaiting for the results. I was also told by a freind that maybe I have an aneurysm. That would not be good. I have had sensitivity to light and short term memory loss too a little bit. It seems that my speech has been slurring more and more over the past year. Im not sure whats going on with me. Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I definitely agree that having the ct done was a very wise move.

It sounds as though it could be a migraine headache. You might want to ask your doctor if they have a sample (it normally has one or two pills) that way you could try and see if that help any.

I hope you are feeling better soon! Keep us posted about your ct results.
|
Did you find this post helpful?