Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Odor From Vagina

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
It's a faint onion smell. There's no burning but I itch in the area between my legs and 'down there' area. I think the itching may be due to a rash. Anyways what would cause the smell? I don't take any meds and I'm not having sex. There no abnormal discharge, so I don't think I have a yeast infection. Could it be caused my to much onion in my diet?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
sounds like you have an infection
anytime you have a fowl odor you NEEd to go see a doctor because it could be a infection

please go to your doctor
it will only spread and get worse

and btw not all yeast infections have discharge
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yep go to the doc. Anytime there is a foul smell, infection is suspect. Your discharge should have a faint smell to it, but if you can smell it even when you're not trying to, (like naked and standing up) that's a problem.

And the itching is just another thing that makes me think of an infection. Go to the doc. It could be a yeast infection, could be a bacterial infection, but either way, it needs to get treated. You don't want these things to stick around.
|

replied June 21st, 2009
I HAVE HAD THRUSH FOR A WHILE BEEN TO MY G.P 3 TIMES FOR DIFFERENT TREATMENT THERES NO MORE SHE CAN DO CAN U HELP I HAVE DISCHARGR BAD SMELL
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.