Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Do Herpes Blisters Leave a Scar ?

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
User Profile
If you have herpes and you get a blister...after it goes away does it leave a scar?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Keeba88
|

replied October 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you mean an outbreak? im not sure
i think it depends on how bad the outbreak is
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Ok so tell me is it usually more than one? Or can their only be one? I thought i read some where online that usually your first 'outbreak' is the worst and their are usuall many.....?
|

Especially eHealthy
Keeba88 wrote:
Ok so tell me is it usually more than one? Or can their only be one? I thought i read some where online that usually your first 'outbreak' is the worst and their are usuall many.....?

it differs from person to person and depends again on the outbreak

sometimes its a small amount
other times you may have lots during an outbreak
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Small amount...i'm not taling like 2-5. I'm talking about a single blister. I got one about 6 months ago right where my thigh and my vagina meet (like where your underwear sit in there). And i had it for like 3 months...i was always taught never to pop blisters cause they have a better chance of getting infected, so i never did. And i read about how herpes blisters break within 2-3 weeks by themself. I finally popped it. It never came back but it has left like a purpleish scar. I haven't had one since then (which was like 4-5 months ago). And now just the other day in the shower when i was cleaning down there a noticed another one smaller than the previous one. It was in the EXACT same spot just on the left side this time. So i popped it thinking it was like that last one. And it hasn't come back or anything. And this was two days ago. Think it could be herpes or can you get a blister from your underwear rubbing? I haven't had burning during urination or anything like that! What do ya think?
|

Especially eHealthy
Keeba88 wrote:
Small amount...i'm not taling like 2-5. I'm talking about a single blister. I got one about 6 months ago right where my thigh and my vagina meet (like where your underwear sit in there). And i had it for like 3 months...i was always taught never to pop blisters cause they have a better chance of getting infected, so i never did. And i read about how herpes blisters break within 2-3 weeks by themself. I finally popped it. It never came back but it has left like a purpleish scar. I haven't had one since then (which was like 4-5 months ago). And now just the other day in the shower when i was cleaning down there a noticed another one smaller than the previous one. It was in the EXACT same spot just on the left side this time. So i popped it thinking it was like that last one. And it hasn't come back or anything. And this was two days ago. Think it could be herpes or can you get a blister from your underwear rubbing? I haven't had burning during urination or anything like that! What do ya think?

it may be a pimple1 pores can get clogged up in wierd places ya know!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Well i know what a pimple looks like lol but i don't think thats what this is....unless it was like a rasor burn type sore or in grown hair that had takin' a step up or something? I'm not sure... Me and the boyfriend have been having unprotected intercourse since before i got the first blister and he hasn't had any signs of anything, yes i know that it can lay doormat for ever. (just letting you know) He was my first and i was his. What are the chances?
|

Especially eHealthy
if you had unprotected sex then it could be herpes or something
even if he claims hes been tested dont take his word for it

and yes it can lay dormant for a very long time sometimes!

you should go to an OBGYN and get checked out!

it may be an inrown hair or something! even inflammed razor burn!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I'm almost 100% sure that he hadn't been with someone else before me! He had done other things beside intercourse with girls but other than that i believe him. I don' thave medical insurance right now. But when i was on medical and i got a pap they did an STD test and it was clear. But someone told me that it doesn't test for herpes...
|

User Profile
Experienced User
You know what....now that i think about it i don't think that we ever had unprotected sex before i got the first one. But i could be wrong.
|

replied May 19th, 2011
It doesn't matter if you were using protection or not since he could have lesions in other areas that came into contact with you.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Do you think its possible to get a blister from friction due to your underwear?
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
its not herpes. Herpes last for 1 week to 2 and go away by themselves. you can have 1 or 5 it just depends. Also I have never had to POP one of mine. They sores usually pop themselves scab over and heal. It sounds like and ingrown hair or just a bad pimple. Dont be too worried. If you havent had any sores like the ones I have just described then you probably dont have it
|

replied April 16th, 2011
sometimes the outbreak can last way longer tha one or two weeks. and if you dont have health insurance you can go to the health department and get checked out for free. there is no other way to know for sure. and not all herpes sores are the same. my doctor wouldn't believe i had herpes until we got the test results back because my sore looked nothing like a typical one. GO GET CHECKED OUT.
|

replied October 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Keeba88 wrote:
Do you think its possible to get a blister from friction due to your underwear?

i guess if its uncomfy underwear! Wink
|

replied July 1st, 2010
help
how long does it take for herpe blister to pop?
|

replied April 16th, 2011
also, my first sore left a dark purplish scar as well.
|

replied June 17th, 2011
Hey does anyone have any advice on how to treat the skin post an outbreak so you can make sure that there is no scar left on your skin??? Like for example after a blister can you apply neosporin or something to help make sure that your skin returns to normal????? Help or advice please!!!! Thanks!
|

replied June 25th, 2012
herpes
Does your genital area look normal after an out break?
|

replied June 25th, 2012
Does your genital area look normal after an out break?
|
Quick Reply