Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Life Expectancy of Full Body Bone Cancer (Page 1)

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Question My grandma has been diagnosed with bone carcer to the full potential and im am wondering what amount of time is normal for paitent with bone cancer to live
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Csines87
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
Is the bone cancer her primary disease or is due to cancer that's affecting other part of her body (metastases)?
Do you know the type (histological type) of her bone cancer?
|

replied October 9th, 2007
Grandmas Bone Cancer
Rolling Eyes well they said that she has it to the full potential and has multiple.... places that have the cancer..if that makes any sence
|

replied October 9th, 2007
Grandmas Bone Cancer
the bone cancer is her primary disease and it is in the white cells...
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
I'm sorry to hear that your grandmother is suffering from malignant disease to full potential.
I guess your grandmother has multiple myeloma, relatively common type of bone cancer, that begins in the bones, but it is not usually considered a bone tumor because it is a tumor of the bone marrow cells( white cells ) and not of the bone cells. It is the most common primary neoplasm of the skeletal system and affects older people, usuallly over 65 years. Any bone can be involved and the malignant process spreads in bone marrow diffusely.
Actually, multiple myeloma is a progressive blood disease in which white blood cells( plasma cells, subset of B lymphocites part of the immune system that produces antibodies to help fight infection and disease ) are becoming malignant( excessive numbers of abnormal plasma cells in the bone marrow )
There are three stages of this cancer disease.
Your grandmother is, probably, stage 3 and life expectancy for this phase of disease is half a year to three years.

How is she?
Is she getting some treatment?
Waiting for your post!
Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied November 5th, 2007
Grandmas Cancer
hello thanks for the support.. she has bone cancer actully and its affecting her white blood cells and her count is now done to 1... this stuf is really confusing she keep giving her plasma every day but its not seem to help.. im confused
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Grandmas Cancer
Csines87 wrote:
hello thanks for the support.. she has bone cancer actully and its affecting her white blood cells and her count is now done to 1... this stuf is really confusing she keep giving her plasma every day but its not seem to help.. im confused

I'm so sorry to hear this. Crying or Very sad My grandmother had bone cancer as well. Hers was in her back and spine, and was very advanced when she was diagnosed. She refused treatment, and was gone from us in less then two months. I don't know much else about this kind of cancer, as the only care she received was Hospice.
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
This cancer leads to fatigue and anemia, painful lesions, calcium abnormalities, kidney problems and infection caused by immune deficiency, and bones that can easily break. Chemotherapy and Stem Cell Transplants are the treatments of choice.
Your grandmother is getting plasma because she is anemic.
What kind of treatments she undergoes?
|

replied May 6th, 2009
friend has cancer on hip
Hi my friend has just found out he has a 10cm tumor on his hip after suffering pains and health going down hill, they have told him his blood is also poisoned which has confused me and he is also been informed he is terminal. my friend is only 28yrs, what is the blood poisoning thing about, and if he is terminal what sort of life expectancy are we talking.

can you please help as we are so confused.
kindest regards.
|

replied June 16th, 2009
My grandma has been fighting non-hodgkins lymphoma for years but just found out last week she now also has bone marrow cancer. She has decided to stop treatment...says she is ready to go...The doc told her he had "suspected the bone marrow cancer for a while now but felt she was not well enough to do the tests"...we aren't expecting her to make it through the month.
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2009
Supporter
Honey I am so sorry to read about your grandma..I know that she is tired of the sickness and pain..It is just as hard for her to have you see her like this as it is for her to endure it..I hope that each of you in you family will build as many memories as you can the last days and remember her in a good light..If you can you may want to record conversations with her ask questions she will know you're there and much of her history will carry on..kd
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
bone cancer
my mother m law has bone cancer she has a transplant but now
It's in her spine and shoulder, she was having chemo and rad but
Now she quit eating and they put her in the hospital she was there for
4 days and they gave her 2 pints of blood, the next day her numbers
Were better and she was so much better her skin color was healthy.
We were all feeling hopeful when shed eat a couple bites of food.
Then the insurance decided to send her home, even though she couldn't
Walk and was so weak she couldn't sit up for more than a few sec.
Her husband who is up in age also couldn't care for her at home he has
Leg problems and can't lift her. So they put her in a nursing home right
Behind the hospital. By the second day she realized where she was, we
Told her all she needed to do was eat to get her strenght Back so she could
Go home.. While we where there she ate half a burger and was drinking lots of
Fluids, we had to go home 8 hours away the next day they say she coded, and they
Brought her back. Now her left leg is turning black as are her left finger tips..
She's not eating and isn't able to get out of bed. Shed in terrible pain from her leg.
I don't understand y she's not in the hospital in icu is it hopeless? Why would they keep
Her there instead of the hospital???
|

replied April 12th, 2010
new dianosis
my grandmother has just been diagnosed w bone cancer. my mom says they think it may have started in her lungs. She is over 80yrs old. Her hubbie is over 90, he can''t take care of her. She had knee replacement surgery about 2mths ago. She has been complaining for the last 2mths about pain in her leg. We thought it was just from her recovery and well...she is kinda a hypocondriac ?sp. So here we are, after a full night of her crying about the pain when her pain meds ran out and the dr refused to give her more - she went to the er. they did some xrays and found a deteriorated hip joint w a small fracture. They did a ctscan & mri and found a black spot on her skull as well. i am very bummed out right now and kinda angry. my other grandmas lived close to 100yrs and she is only 82. where are my extra 18yrs? argh. I love her the best outta all my grandmas and she has been around me all my life. my 6yr old little girl just had tea with her the other day. i am just gonna miss her so much after she is gone. i don''t want her to go yet.
|

replied April 17th, 2010
im sorry for all of your pain everyone. my grandmother might be diagnosed with bone cancer and she is a trooper. hopefully she can make it through cuz she made it through breast cancer and lung cancer. i put all of yall in my prayers and ask god to help your family. i came across this site curious about the info on bone cancer and wanted to post saying god has a plan for everyone. hope the best people.
god bless,
michael
|

replied June 11th, 2011
Hi Michael, I haven't been diagnoised yet but have all symptoms of breast lung and bone cancer. I go in for a breast biopsy on monday. Needless to say I'm so scared!! I just wanted to tell you seeing your mom beat lung and bone cancer gives me hope. Thank you for sharing you story.
God Bless, I hope your mom is doing well.
Renee
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2010
read this it break my heart my my mother in law it going to same thing the only i could said tell you love them as much as you can and alway remeber the happy day and may god be with alway around us
|

replied May 11th, 2010
bone cancer
hi,

am really sorry for you all, all of you with sick relatives. for me am not talking of my relative or a friend, am talking of myself here. am a victim of cancer, had a liver transplatation, and now had bone cancer, but i can say that my God is really caring, am a private insuared person and i can tell you i get all the estmedicine that can be offered. anyway just to ask you people, have your relatives tried this chemotherapy tablet called SUTENT? i can say it has really helped me, please advice the people to try it ok it depends with what kind of cancer. my HFP value has gone down to 3,3 of which i had before the transplatation over 5,000 unbelievable. and lastly i would really like to thank MYSTIXMIKE YOUR POST IS REALLY ENCOURAGING THANKS Smile
|

replied May 11th, 2010
im terribly sorry angie. and so glad that your doin ok though. ill have to talk to my grandmother about that. and ill do research on it too. i apopreciate it to the highest degree. not really sure her plans or any new news yet. but i can say that god is smiling and loves everyone of yall(yup ima texan). even when life is tough, there is never one day where u can say god just hasnt blessed me today. with that mentality, ull find life to never stop pleasing you. Smile
|

replied May 12th, 2010
my mum
hi im 13 and my mum has just been diagnosed with bone cancer and i am really worried! can any 1 exsplain 2 me how serious this tye of cancer is and what are the chances of her surviving.
thank you very much
|

replied May 14th, 2010
bone cancer
hi Mike, thanks but am fine now, i have been realy through alot, i can say that this is nthing, and i have never lost my will, i have a very strong will and i will fight till the end of life Smile mike.

to annie,am really sorry girl, if i may ask, how serious is the cancer, has presd to the whole body or is it still at an early stage? i can advice to to tell her to go ask about this chemotherapy tablet called SUTENT its said to kill the tumor cells, she can find out about that, i have taken it ad i can say it has really helped me, kip smilling girl.
|

replied May 24th, 2010
Experienced User
Hi! I am puhuachina. I have read about your grandma’s bone cancer problem. I want to tell you one that a 66 year old male, was diagnosed with bone cancer of unknown primary. After undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy, he was immobile to the extent of not being able to lie down. He had severe pains and was on daily morphine intake. He was put on herbs and within a week, he was able to walk. As of this writing, six years since his first visit to us, Nathan is doing well and is leading a normal, pain-free life.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply