Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Is Unconscious, Non-Consenting Sex considered Rape?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I'm new here, So I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly. But i have a question that I'd like some input on... There's this guy, Who i had sex with before... We were not a couple, In any way. One night, I fell asleep on his couch and he had sex with me while i was asleep [completely passed out] and he hid it from me, for a year. In your opinion, Is that considered rape?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile kittykute
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2007
Experienced User
yes it is in my opinion. I was blacked out and well put it this way. I was on my period tampon and all. some how I ended up naked in bed and my tampon was missing all i remmeber was a black silouhet on top of me...ps cant spell
|

replied October 8th, 2007
Experienced User
yes, that is a form of rape.
You need to get yourself checked out for
STD`S.
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2007
sexxybexxy wrote:
yes, that is a form of rape.
You need to get yourself checked out for
STD`S.

Well, Like i said it was a year ago..I've been checked.
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2007
Supporter
Yup sure is rape. How'd u find out a year later?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yes. It is also rape if you get too drunk to make a conscious decision and he goes for it anyway, or if you wanted to 'make out' or even oral or manual sex, but he kept going to intercourse.

Anytime you didn't make the conscious decision to have sex, it is rape, and needs to be reported. Are you still with this guy? There should be some serious trust issues here.
|

User Profile
Supporter
YES, YES, YES-it is rape. The definition of rape is unconsentual sex.
Whether you are awake is not the question. This happened to me. The man went to jail where he belongs.
In my situation, I had sex with him before as well. He was a good friend of mine. I went to a party at his house a few years later (still friends through that time) and I ended up passed out drunk. Next morning, I woke up with my bra cut off and I was hurting sooooo badly. I went to the hospital and they did a rape kit on me and then I went to the police.
Unfortunately, I dropped the charges because it was his word against mine. They solicitor said she couldn't guarantee a conviction and I didn't want to be put on the stand, made out to look like a prostitute.
But in the end, I'm glad there is at least a record of this on his part. If he does it to anyone else, it will be more likely to be believed.
You shouldn't talk to this "friend" ever again. Obviously he is no friend at all to take advantage of you.
|

User Profile
Oh My God
men are bloody evil!! jesus, they think with their wangs instead of their brains.
YES IT IS RAPE!!!
if you know for sure then i would suggest you report him
we don't need retards roaming the streets, not with everything else out there nowadays anyway

kittykute

|

Especially eHealthy
Yes, definitely rape. I'm sorry that happened to you Sad
|

im sorry.. i am a man... i would never do that to a girl.. That would be so wrong... Even though i am only 15 years old i know that guys are not all pigs.. some guys are very sensual and see te side of women too and would never do anything to hurt them.. like me Smile
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
itsme0606 wrote:
Yup sure is rape. How'd u find out a year later?

He told me, On the phone, and then laughed about it. We were never 'together' and we no longer talk.
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, it is rape. I was asleep at a friends house one night. I woke up with her boyfriends hand down my pants. Mind you I wasn't passed out, just asleep (he was just that stupid) Anyway, I pressed charges and he was charged with sexual assault as well as 2 counts of L/L. So, there is your proof, RAPE.

Say something to someone. Do not let him get away with this. What if you aren't the only one? Or what if you aren't the last?

Had one of the other girls this happened to said something to someone. It probably wouldn't have happened to me. I will never forgive them for their silence.
|

replied October 13th, 2007
Yes it is rape, I don't know what your rape laws are where you are but I'd press charges. I'd also be ready to go through hell and back to do it too. When I was raped I can truely understand why more women do not report it because they are not treated like vicitimes but more like it was our fault.
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Heh there is no "opinion" about this, legally it is considered rape and he could go to jail and all that good stuff.

I had a case where a minor stalker of mine came in to my dorm (i dunno how the hell she found it) drunk and seemingly wanted a boody call -_-. But I could tell she was hurting and if I had decided to have sex with her and take advantage of that, asides from the part that its considered rape whether or not she wanted it, she wouldn't consciously be aware of what the hell did she decide to do. What kind of guy would I be to do such a thing anyway, so I took the not so fun route and spent about two hours getting her to her dorm (which should have taken 5 minutes). Oy that was quite a night indeed.

But then innately, regardless of its legal consequences, morally do you find it a big deal what he did? I'm sure there are some girls out there who are very open on sex, who'd probably just laugh that he did that and find it cute/funny. If such a person then decided to take him to court, would seem like she just want some money. If you find it violating that he did such a thing to you, then by all means, kick his butt!!!!!! in court though where you got the popos to watch your back =) I apologize on the behalf of men of the very stupid and painful things we do to the ladies -_-, I know one too many lady friends who have been assaulted or raped but I can only imagine their pain and trauma.
|

replied October 15th, 2007
I concider that rape. He didnt' have your concent and basically that's just disgusting and !**@! up. I wouldn't talk to him anymore, and yes I would think that's rape.
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2008
Experienced User
Re: Is Unconscious, Non-Consenting Sex considered Rape?
Babylon wrote:
I'm new here, So I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly. But i have a question that I'd like some input on... There's this guy, Who i had sex with before... We were not a couple, In any way. One night, I fell asleep on his couch and he had sex with me while i was asleep [completely passed out] and he hid it from me, for a year. In your opinion, Is that considered rape?

i agree with the others here who say that this was rape. the problem is that it sounds like there is zero evidence, so you'd probably have an extremely difficult time proving it happened.

it sounds like you didn't know anything happened until he told you about it...no semen, no waking up unexpectedly naked, no other sign that you had been violated other than him telling you so a year later.

is it possible that it didn't happen and that he told you it did for some alterior motive reason? if you turn him in for this, he'll undoubtedly just deny that he said that to you. do you have any witnesses to the conversation? was it recorded in any way? is he stupid enough to have admitted it to one of his friends?

i'm so sorry you got raped. i'm not detracting from that or questioning whether it happened, but just asking some questions that you may have answers to that will shed a little light on the "evidence" trail to help you decide what to do about it.

jasmine
|
Quick Reply