Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Weird Period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I know I saw a thread for this but there were some differences in my situation so being new to this, I figured I'd just start a new topic.

I got my period thursday night- I think. It started off normal but with no cramps, as Friday went on it got lighter and eventually became just a brown discharge and by the end of the day therre was nothing. I'm early, about two weeks, and although my periods hops around a lot, I'm never really early.

I'm a virgin so I don't think I'd be pregnant. I did just move into the dorms at college and I'm also on a sports team so I'm working out a lot more than I ever did over the summer. I also have been eating 2 more meals a day than in my busy summer schedule. I was thinking maybe the big change is starting to bother it my cycle so I thought I would double check.

Today I had the same brown discharge and a little blood but only really in the morning. Is this my period for the month? Should I be a little freaked or am I just overreacting like I tend to do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
if you are a virgin the of course you are NOt pregnant

but it could be an irregular period or something
you can go get on birth control to help regulate your cycles and stuff
|

haha well the only reason I say that I think is because I do have a boyfriend and we are physical. I have to admit that i'm pathetically naive so when I'm told pregnancy can happen if anything ever gets close then I take it to heart.

And thank you so much for a quick reply, I'll definetly be coming here for any other questions.
|

Especially eHealthy
well if you are pysically involved then maybe birth control willl help ease your mind1 plus its a good idea on case sex pops up!

and welcome to ehealth! anytime you need help let me know!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Well considering your changes in diet and exercise- it seems perfectly normal that your period is doing that. I wouldn't worry about it.

Smile But bcp's will help regulate, and then you don't have to worry all the time, especially when you do decide to have sex. Smile
|